I didn’t get as much craftiness done this weekend as I thought I would get. But I’m really happy with where Missing Ivy is ATM. It would seem that it is almost done. I need to do the 4 corners. BUT it isn’t. I snuck a peek at what’s coming next and it looks like I’ve got borders to do. 5 more steps. That’s okay. I am enjoying how this quilt is coming along. Everyone has had kind words about this quilt pattern and if you go into my project page, you’ll see that this is Judy Laquidara’s Road to Brenham pattern of PatchworkTimes.com. I don’t always reference the designer when I’m working on the quilt and posting my updates but I like to put it on my project’s page for proper credit.
Last week’s to do list:
- baste Raining Cats and Dogs ….done…
- Hand work – Work a bit on A Rainbow Garden … done
- Knit – keep working on the Rosie Hat … done
- Missing Ivy – pull out the project and do the next step … I need a little break from Celtic Solstice… done! yay!
- Celtic Solstice – press more Block A’s and top row of Block B … done
- Cross Stitch – keep working on the embroidery for the welcome project and get started on Farmland! … done
OMG – I did everything on my to do list! woohoo!
This week’s to do list:
- Raining Cats and Dogs … Start the machine quilting on this on my domestic.
- Hand work – Work a bit on A Rainbow Garden … I’d love Love LOVE to get Block 4 done this week. I’ve got a bit more to do on the centers of the flowers but they’re tiny and I hope that I’ll be able to finish them up.
- Knit – keep working on the Rosie Hat …
- Cross Stitch – work on the embroidery for the top border and the first row of the 1st page of Farmland!
- Moon Glow – throw the practice pieces onto the frame and figure out my machine with the thread and bobbing and work out any tension issues.
- Missing Ivy – If I’m machine quilting Raining Cats and Dogs on my Bernina, I will not be able to work on Missing Ivy. So… I moved this and Celtic Solstice to the bottom of this list. If I get the machine quilting done (doubt it), I would like to get to step #10 and finish up those 4 corners.
- Celtic Solstice – work on piecing the bits for Block B while I’m working on step #10 for Missing Ivy.
I’m looking forward to a great week!
Have a great week!