Same picture as last week! Sorry friends… I actually have all the rows done but I didn’t get a chance to take a picture. Today was uncharacteristically overcast in Southern CA. I wanted to start piecing the rows together but I’m frantically trying to get Moon Glow quilted so this is what I’ve looked at all day yesterday:
I’m almost done with 2 borders. I have today and tomorrow and hopefully I’m able to finish it up before I leave. I am planning on taking my domestic in for servicing while I’m gone so I’ll need to finish up early on Tuesday.
I did try to get Missing Ivy pieced together. While the Bernina was set up in FMQ mode I pulled out my embroidery machine and took off the embroidery part. I haven’t ever used the brother as a regular sewing machine so I had to retrieve all the parts from their hiding place. I got everything put together and realized that I don’t have a 1/4″ foot. I can’t piece without that! I set it aside and made a note to get myself one. I think I need to play with this machine more now that I’ve got it set up to play with.
Last week’s to do list:
- Raining Cats and Dogs … continue to hand quilt an arm length of thread when I can. I won’t hold myself to the daily work on this. I’d be happy if I touch this once or twice. … done twice!
- Cross Stitch – Bukid, finish the second row of the 1st page and start the third row! … done…
- Missing Ivy – Step 11 – do the last stick of each row so that it’s ready to piece the rows together. … done…
- Celtic Solstice – Continue to work on Block B as leaders and enders. … done…
- Spooky Halloween –
- Row 1, block 4 – machine applique, decide what will be hand done and prep it for hand work. … done…
- Row 2 – cut the fabric for all the blocks, piece all the parts that can be pieced, and prep it for hand work. … done…
Wow! I got everything done last week. It’s good to set small realistic goals.
This week’s to do list:
- Moon Glow … finish quilting the border.
- Turn in the Bernina for servicing
- knit the purple socks
- A Rainbow Garden … finish applique’ing the leaves
- Spooky Halloween … finish applique’ing block 2
I’m looking forward to a great week!
Have a great week!