Progress on Spooky Halloween: I’ve pieced everything I can piece for the first 4 rows of Spooky Halloween. I’m back to working on the applique for Block 1 of Row 2. It’s a very slow process but I’m enjoying it at the moment and that’s the most important thing right now. I will not hand applique every block. I plan to mix machine applique with hand depending on the block and the effect I want to achieve. I am excited thought because I’m pretty close to the finish. Next step will be to do the embroidery. 🙂
Here was my list last week:
- Hampton Ridge – quilt this… kind of done. I quilted the main body of the quilt but I still need to quilt the borders of the sides on my domestic.
- Celtic Solstice – work on this as my leaders/enders while I piece Spooky Halloween together. …done. I counted up the rows for block B and I’ve got a little more than 20 to left to do.
- Missing Ivy – start putting the borders on…I tried to start this this week but I ran out of fabric. I need to go to my LQS and look for more coordinating fabric.
- Provence – press the blocks and figure out what’s the next step for this. …not done…
- Spooky Halloween … get all the piecing done for Row 3 and 4 and continue appliquè Row 2, block 1 … done!
So this week, here’s my target:
- Hampton Ridge – This is my OMG for August and I’ve only got 3 days left to finish it up. I want to get the last 2 borders quilted and start on the binding. I don’t think I’ll have enough time to finish it up for August so I’ll have to move this on to my September OMG.
- Celtic Solstice – continue to finish more rows of block b as my leaders/enders.
- Missing Ivy – Get fabric for the borders.
- Provence – press the blocks and figure out what’s the next step for this.
- Spooky Halloween … Row 2, block 1 – applique the leaves and bat.
I’m looking forward to a great week!
Have a great week!