As I get going on this year’s Bonnie Hunter mystery, I’m also finishing up the top from her 2013 mystery quilt. This still has a few ways to go since I’ve still got the borders to do. But I’m going to try to make this my first finish of 2017. Of course, that means I have to do what I plan to do in December. ;0
Last week’s to do list:
- Celtic Solstice – attach the right sides (5) and the bottoms (4) and the odd one in the corner (1)
- done! woohoo… I can feel the finish coming… 🙂
- Scrapitude 2016 – Okay so I’ve been very good at getting the first step done as my leaders/enders for Celtic Solstice but since I’ve been back I’m slowly running out of one of the needed pieces for the first step. I’m not sure if I put away the baggie with these pieces (and I’ll need to look around for them) or if I just didn’t cut enough originally (totally possible) or if Charlotte didn’t tell us to cut enough (I don’t think so because she did make updates throughout the progress and I don’t remember seeing her say anything about this particular piece. So I need to do some research on this one.
- Okay so I found the little baggy with the missing pieces. They fell off the side of my sewing table! I continued to piece these on as my leaders/enders while I worked on other things.
- Provence – I need to figure out what the next step is.
- done! I laid out my blocks and was wondering how I was to cut my side and corner triangles. I didn’t see the instructions. I found them with the cutting instructions (so obvious, right?)! Anyway I posted about my progress and issues here and now I need to piece the rows together and buy another yard of fabric for the side triangles.
- Area One 2012 Mystery Quilt – do one of the kits
- done! I’ll post an update with pics tomorrow.
- En Provence – Bonnie’s 2016 Mystery – Retrieve the first clue on Friday and hopefully have time to get started on it!
- done! Well, I haven’t finished the clue but I retrieved it and I got started on it! 🙂
So this week, here’s my target:
- Celtic Solstice – attach pairs of the 4-blocks together. There will be 12 of them.
- Scrapitude 2016 – continue working on these as my leaders/enders between other projects.
- Provence – piece pairs together.
- Area One 2012 Mystery Quilt – now that Bonnie’s mystery started for the season, I’m putting this project on the back burner. I probably will not get started on this again until after Bonnie’s reveal in January.
- En Provence – Bonnie’s 2016 Mystery – work on the first clue and play!
- Have yourself a quilty little Christmas! – work on the borders. I picked up the kit when I came back from Colorado but haven’t gotten around to actually doing anything with it.
- Missing Ivy – I still need to do this but I have to call and schedule time on the long arm. So that’s the next step.
I’m looking forward to a great week!
Have a great week!