Staycation is quilted. It’s not yet bound or labeled so it’s not a finish. But I think I reached a good step in the process and I could put the front and back in the USED part of my report. Finally. I have so many multiple projects in all kinds of craftiness that finishes are a long time coming.
Don’t look too closely at the quilting. I’m learning how to do ruler work and playing with different designs. My quilts are definitely not perfect and each one is a practice for the next quilt. Perfection is a long way coming but improvement happens all the time. 🙂
I made another mask for the hubby. He was still not happy with the last one so I made a new one and he didn’t like that one either. But, the boy liked it so after a few tucks here and there and a bit of adjustments to the elastic, he has a new mask that he likes. I finally broke down and made the Olson mask for the hubby. He liked the mask but the elastic was too big. So I had to make some adjustments there until it was the right size. A version of the Olson mask was one of the first set of masks I made and I absolutely disliked making them. There was too much cutting and too many pieces that it took forever to finish one. But the hubby was not happy with any of the easy to sew masks that I like making more. And so far it was a success. So in addition to the 2 I made previously and the 2 now, that’s a total of 4 masks, which I estimate to be about 1/2 yards of fabric. So between Staycation and masks, I’ve got 8.5 yards used.
That’s great numbers. 🙂 I didn’t have a chance to post my stash report last week but the week before I warned you that I was joining a new BOM called Simple Days Embroidery BOM and I was buying fabric to go with the look I was trying to achieve. I went to my LQS and managed to buy 10 yards of fabric. Insane. I bought a bunch of Tilda fabrics in the newest line, woodland creatures (I think). I bought fat quarter sets that my LQS had as well as yardage of my favorite, 3 yards of a creamy solid and an extra yard of something I loved that I couldn’t go home without.
So, it’s a plus 10.
Go to more stash reports at QuiltPaintCreate who now hosts the Sunday Stash. I’ll be linking up there this morning.
The fabric stash:
- Used since last time: 8.5 yards
- Used year to date: 9.5 yards
- Added since last time: 10 yards
- Added year to Date: 17 yards
- Net added for 2021: 7.5 yards
I am working on my knitted top, Water Lily.
I do not have a more recent picture but I finished 2 pattern repeats of the back lace and on the front I’ve split for the v-shape and I’m working on the lace on the right side. I’m concerned about running out of yarn. Unfortunately, Voolenvine doesn’t have this base, Lore, anymore so there’s no way to get more. Lore is a luscious base of merino, cashmere and silk. The next best think is Voolenvine’s Wolke base which is made up of merino, cashmere, and nylon. It’s close enough but without the shine of silk. Her last update had this colorway (dragon tears) in her Wolke base so I had to snag one just in case I ran out. And I couldn’t just buy 1. I bought 6. That way I have enough for a cardigan if I wanted to make one. 🙂 Anyway, I’m almost done with this project so I hope to have a finish soon and have something to add to the used numbers.
The yarn stash:
- Used since last time: 0 skeins
- Used year to date: 5 skeins
- Added since last time: 6 skeins
- Added year to date: 6 skeins
- Net added for 2021: 1 skeins
~Have a quilty week!