Top finished: 6/22/2020
My first full 2012 SoCal Quilters Run and the shops were doing a mystery quilt for each area. I thought I picked all of the kits up but it looks like there were 2 or 3 that I hadn’t picked up. Luckily I had the pattern, just not the fabric. I started with the kits I had and I worked on this quilt primarily at quilt retreats. It wasn’t until some other quilts in queue were finished that this became the project I worked on at home and by then I had finished all the kits and needed to fabric to finish up the unkitted blocks or so I thought. I finished the inner top in March 2020 and I thought I had the fabric for the borders and binding. But when I opened that up, it looked to be fabric for the blocks I thought I had no fabric for. Apparently at some point my patterns and kits got mixed up. So now I had to buy fabric for the borders. This was during the shelter in place in April/May 2020 but I emailed my LQS and they emailed me back a picture of 10 solids they thought would go well given this was all virtual. I picked 3. When I got the fabric I laid them all around the quilt to figure out which I liked the best and settled on 2. As of 6/22/2020, the top is done and it’s in queue to be quilted.
Pieced with Aurifil 50w (white)
11/24/2016 – Happy Thanksgiving. I have a roast in the oven and I’m crafting between tasks. I started Block 2 a couple of weeks ago and it took a lot longer than I thought it would. There are 8 blocks and a lot of bits to cut, press, and piece together. Here they are finally completed:
And block 2 and 8 laid out together on my “design floor”