I had a short list of things I wanted to focus on in the month of February.
- quilt Missing Ivy – still not done. I scheduled this for the last Saturday of the month.
- finish the final border (and thus the top) for Celtic solstice – done
- finish the border (and thus the top) for Have Yourself a Quilty Little Christmas – almost done
- knit primarily on the magenta socks and the kimono sweater – done. The projects aren’t done but I am focusing on those two (and knitting on other projects too). The magenta socks are well on their way to being done. I hope to get them done this month.
So I finished or almost finished everything on my short list and I am bored. I do not know what to work on quilty wise. I could only knit and cross stitch so much. I decided not having an annual plan to fall back on was not conducive to the way I work and created my 2017 crafty plan. Here’s my plan for the remainder of the month.
- quilt Missing Ivy – now that I’ve got the long arm reserved, I have to prep the batting, press the top and the back. I think I’ve got a label but I need to make sure and if not, prep that too.
- Since I’m at a bit of a standstill, I want to go through my quilty closet and reorganize it.
- Pull out the 2012 LQS BOM Provence and figure out where I am. Do the next step.
- Area One Quilter’s Run – Pull out and do one of the blocks.
- Continue to focus on the magenta socks and the kimono sweater.
- Make more drawstring bags
- Watch the craftsy class with the zipper pouch and make a zipper pouch.
And here’s my 2017 crafty plan
- Finish 6 quilts
- Missing Ivy – to be quilted
- Celtic Solstice – this one needs the backing prepped
- Have yourself a quilty Little Christmas – I need to finish the border (and thus the top) and then it will need the backing prepped
- Raining Cats and Dogs – this needs to be hand quilted
- Provence (2012 LQS BOM) – blocks are done, I need to revisit where I am on this one. I think I just need to piece the blocks and alternating blocks together.
- Area One Quilter’s Run – blocks need to be pieced
- Scrapitude 2016 – I am piecing this as my leaders and enders
- Asian (2012 LQS BOM #2)
- Finish 6 quilts
- Sweater “Kimono”
- Socks – 12 for the year. I currently have 4 on the needles
- hat – 1 for each family member
- car knitting – Jacob’s beanie
- Use yarn stash (which as of 2/15/17, the following are being knitted from stash: 2 socks, Jacob’s beanie, Rikke hat for me or Kayla.)
- Cross Stitching – continue working on Mama’s Bukid each week. At the latter end of last year, I grew tired of the browns and greens that I kept seeing on Mama’s Bukid and started a new project A Rose Fairy. It’s not on my must do list for this year but I will work on it if I feel the urge to. Right now, knitting is occupying more of my crafty time so as long as I work on Mama’s Bukid each week I’m happy.
- Bag Making – I’ve been wanting to make bags for awhile. I think it was one of my goals in 2015. I want to revisit this again. I have a bunch of craftsy classes, bag kits, books and patterns. I think I’ll start with the Craftsy classes (especially the ones I have kits for) and then work on the kits I have. After that, I’ll try my hand at the books and patterns I’ve got.
- Clothes – I want to start learning how to sew garments. I’m not sure how or where to start so I guess my first step is to find an easy project to start learning on.
And my overarching non-craft specific goals:
- use what I have
- my fabric stash
- my yarn stash
- my tools
- Get rid of the things that I don’t love anymore
- throw away
- Watch my spending
- only buy things I will use now
Goals are always good to get us moving, I think. You have a very reasonable list there, good luck!
Thanks Susan! 🙂
Pingback: Who is this yarn person that’s taken over my body… | Thousand Needles