My quilting goals and updates-
- Staycation – in the quilt queue.
- Good Fortune – in the quilt queue.
- Glam Clam – in the quilt queue.
- Scrappy Stars – I started putting the sashing on…
- Update: I need more fabric for the sashing and I put an order in for more. It’s Moda Grunge Paper Grey so it’s fairly easy to get.
- Area One Mystery Quilt from 2012 SoCal Quilt Run – in the quilt queue.
- Area Four Mystery Quilt from 2012 SoCal Quilt Run – Right before the pandemic started I went to the first retreat of the year. At the retreat I was able to lay out all the blocks and decide how to put them together. All I have to do is put them together.
- Update: I pieced the first 2 rows together.
- Dancing with the Stars by Linda Ballard – At the same retreat I finished some of the blocks for this and realized I didn’t have any more of the white. I believe I pulled it for another project and never replaced it. I’ve since bought more white fabric and can start working on this again.
- Update: my daughter claimed this quilt and decided she wanted it to be a Queen so I figured out how many more blocks I need to make. I started cutting and piecing them together so I’ve done a bit.
- Radiant Jewel Quilt by Kimberly Einmo – this came on after the start of the year and all the blocks are done. I’m saving this for my next retreat so I have a design wall to place blocks along with quilty friends to help me try out different positions. Last month, my note said that I’m working on the border blocks but I don’t remember what this is. So, I don’t know if I still need to do this, if it was done or what. In my head, I’m done and this is on hold for the next retreat (whenever that may be).
Pictures for you:
- Scrappy Stars – I should take a new picture with the sashing I’ve picked so you can see how it is going but I don’t have a good place to put it with good lighting. Hopefully that will change soon.
- Area Four Mystery Quilt – First 2 rows are pieced.
- Dancing with the Stars – start working on this again
- Gardenvale – which is what I’m calling my current WIP..
- Allietare – Bonnie Hunter’s mystery quilt from 2015 – Clue 1
- Area Three Mystery Quilt from 2012 SoCal Quilters Run – This is kitted up and I haven’t even looked at the instructions.
Now for Cross Stitch:
- Mama’s Bukid – Finished this! Goal was met for this one.
- Gamer – Finish 6 pages. I finished 3 pages the last 3 months and I’m working on page 4 for the year. I still do not think I’ll get 6 pages done for 2020 but I’m happy with my progress.
- A Stitch in Time – My goal is to work on this each month and I have been. I love working on this project but it is very slow. There is a lot of confetti everywhere and it’s slow going on this one.
- A Kiss for Snowman – I have not worked on this at all. This is my travel project but I haven’t been travelling so I haven’t done anything with it. I think what I will do is add this to my rotation and during the same week work on Gamer at the same time. I can do that because this is held in had while All the other projects are on frames.
- Mirabilia Titania – Added a new project to the rotation. Now that Mama’s Bukid is done, I decided to add another project to my rotation. This one is not nearly as complex as Gamer or A Stitch in Time as it is not full coverage and is not heavy on the confetti. There is beading and some back stitch but I think this is certainly doable. I feel like with Gamer and A Stitch in Time, having a small one like A Kiss for Snowman and this Mira will help me see movement when projects like A Stitch in Time go so slowly.
Craft on my friends.