Stash Report – 9/22/13

I got the Easy Street Top done! Not just done but I added the borders to that top so it is really done!  And I cut up some fabric to prep for PIQF which is why total used this week is 9.5 yards!

Now for Easy Street I’m prepping the backing, then I’ll baste, and then quilt!  I’m really trying to get this done before Bonnie’s next mystery quilt.  I’m having a bit of a worry about basting.  In the past, I’ve basted on the floor – throw the quilt down, tape and pin as best as I could.  Jacob’s quilt was pretty easy as it is just a crib quilt.  Kayla’s was harder being much larger.  In both cases, I really didn’t care whether I scratched up my floors or not when I pin basted them.  In fact, I cannot remember it even being an issue.  This time around, we just got new floors and I wouldn’t want to accidentally scratch them up.  I was thinking about our dining room table.  And while I know it would scratch that piece up a lot more than the floor, our table it not pristine anyway.  It’s pretty damaged already.  But the pin scratches would make it even uglier than it is now.  And since it’s not mine but my momma’s, I don’t want to mess up her things if I can help it. If it was mine- I wouldn’t care.  So I’m thinking about spray basting as an alternative.  I’m doing some online research about it and a couple of the quilting classes I’m reviewing on Craftsy mentioned it.  Have you spray basted before?  Are there any tips and pointers you can give me?  I’m prepping the back now so I’ll probably be basting in a couple of weeks.

Here’s the most recent picture of Easy Street.  It didn’t have borders yet and it’s the same picture as last week but it was raining yesterday and I couldn’t get a good picture.  I believe today will be better so if it is I’ll take a picture later and add it on.  Until then, we’ll have to be happy with this pic. 😉

Easy Street All blocks pieced together no border and not yet quilted

Easy Street
All blocks pieced together
no border and not yet quilted

Stash count: **I started counting 5/23/13…

Used this week: 9.5 yards
Used year to Date: 27 yards
Added this Weeks: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 141.75 yards
Net Added for 2013: 114.75 yards

see more stash reports at Patchwork Times.

4 responses »

  1. Looking forward to seeing Easy Street with it’s borders. Maybe you can take your quilt to the library, if they have a room big enough, to pin baste it. Maybe a local church or school would let you use a room for a few hours.

    • Thanks DeeDee! I never thought of those. If I can’t secure a spot at a local quilt shop, I’ll try those places!

  2. Your Easy Street looks surprisingly like mine! lol. I have a long arm, so I won’t have to baste it on the floor any more, but our LQS offers quilters the use of their tables if they are not holding a class. We push 2 or more together and baste there. I’ve used spray basting for small and medium sized quilts, but nothing as big as Easy Street. You can see mine on my blog and it ended up being 100″ x 100″. That’s big in my book. Good luck. PS I’m going to piece my backing too, but haven’t started yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.