1. Continue to count fabric in and out of my stash – It’s my birthday month and normally I allow myself some fabric purchases. I do not need more fabric so I think I’ll splurge on a massage. 🙂 Update: I added 1 yard for the month and splurged on a massage. Well, in actuality, the hubby took my dad to a Thai massage and he came home with a gift certificate for me. 🙂
2. Concentrate on one thing at a time. –
I have a few quilts to be quilted so I brought Bailey in from the garage and got the frame all set up. I had problems! The thread kept breaking and I was getting weird nests underneath the bottom of the quilt. Then the bobbing kept popping out and the needle kept jamming. I finally checked out youtube and found Chuck’s informative videos on this. I took the machine apart, cleaned and oiled it and the machine is now working fine. I need to practice as it has been awhile since I last used it. Once I feel comfortable, I’ve got to quilt the following:
Moon Glow — The back still needs to be put together for this but I’m in no rush to do it. I have been prepping the labels and piecing it into the back but I actually bought yardage and plan to use one fabric for the back on this one. So, I may just put the label on after it is quilted.
- Raining Cats and Dogs –
- Finish the applique on the final block – I have done a little bit every week on this and I’m happy about that. It may be slow progress but at least progress is being made. I’m finally on the final section of the final block. So, I just need to continue to do a little bit every weekend and plug away at it bit by bit.
- Hampton Ridge –
- Finish the inner top – DONE!
- Celtic Solstice
- Step 5 – DONE!
- ADDED Razzle and Missing Ivy for this month! 🙂
3. View and complete Craftsy Classes. – forget about it! 4. Complete a project I have a kit for – Same thing – forget about it!
5. Scrap system? – Go through bins and separate Bin #3, Bin #4 and full yardage. – continue to use the system I started in September and see if it continues to work for me.
Here’s to a great year!
it is lovely that you are assessing your goals time to time and delete those which do not serve you well and focus on those that go alright; I should do that myself too 🙂 best wishes
Wonderful picture of your little Hogwarts students. =) Great goals update. You still have a lot going on. So it was lint or something making the bobbin pop out?
I’m guessing lint because once I put everything back together, it ran fine.