Here’s my action items for this month.
1. Continue to count fabric in and out of my stash – done!
2. Concentrate on one thing at a time. –
Tell It To The Stars – Quilt this. – I need to buckle down if I want to get this done in time to gift. If I don’t get it done, that’s okay. The recipient doesn’t know it is coming and I can always give it next year. I’m done quilting the background but I need to quilt other parts and then the borders.
Scrapitude – Quilt this. – Once Tell It To The Stars is off the frame, the plan was to get this on to quilt. However, I’m going to get the mid arm serviced first and I’ll clean the frame to see if that helps the quilting process. I’m going to quilt this with a simple meander all over the quilt.
Moon Glow – Piece the back for this – I’ve got the back for this but I still need to put it together right. It’s going to be one fabric so it will be easy but it still needs to get done. Since Scrapitude will be delayed in getting on the frame, I’m in no rush to get this finished just yet.
- Raining Cats and Dogs –
- For December, my goal was to finish getting all the leaves down. – I completed that goal and I’m now working on getting the cats on. Once that is done, I’ve got to check out the whole project and see where I’m at. I’m pretty sure this is my last block and I can start working on piecing the blocks together.
- Hampton Ridge –
- Borders – I need to finish Border #2, Border #3 and Border #4. My goal for December is to get #2 and #3 done and started on the HSTs for Border #4. —- during this project’s rotation this month, I was only able to finish the last side of Border #2. I didn’t have a chance to miter it and so I’m not going to get the rest of this done this month.
- Celtic Solstice –
- Step 6 – Continue working on Celtic Solstice – I got more of the first two rows complete.
- Razzle –
- Re-Cut the Cornerstones and get those pieced onto the sashings. I think that once those are done, it will be a quick finish to get the top done and I can add this to my to be quilted pile! 😐 — This is the project this week and I’m probably going to concentrate on Step 3 and 4 of Allietare! instead.
- Missing Ivy –
- Step 8 – I’m not sure I’ll be able to get to this this month. I’ve got other things I want to work on during the later half of this month.
3. View and complete Craftsy Classes. – forget about it! I think if I get a chance to watch any classes, I’ll be happy. 4. Complete a project I have a kit for – Same thing – forget about it! – I actually have a bit of progress on my rosie hat. It’s the only thing I’m able to work on while the hubby and I watch the basketball games.
5. Scrap system? – Go through bins and separate Bin #3, Bin #4 and full yardage. – continue to use the system I started in September and see if it continues to work for me. I’ve separated Bin #3 into darks and lights. It started for Scrapitude. It’s great for scrappy projects. In addition, I’ve used a lot of my scraps for Scrapitude. So Bin #3 is very small right now. I currently have Grand Illusions in a bin but that’s fast becoming part of bin#3. I’m starting to pull fabric from there when I need something for Scrapitude. While I like the idea of having a dark and light bin #3 – I don’t like having too many bins. It’s a bit confusing as to which bin is what. Nothing is labeled as I’m constantly reshuffling bins as I go through them to find the fabrics I need. But I think once I get all my fabric cut for Scrapitude, I’ll put everything for bin #3 into 1 bin regardless of dark and light and Grand Illusions. I’m frogging it for real. I’m not even going to try to make mug rugs or place mats or anything. I just really dislike the color combination. It’s too bright and jarring for me. — I’m still at the same place as the beginning of the month. Once Allietare is revealed and I cut the background for Scrapitude 2016, I’ll clean this up more by combining all the #3 bins into 1 bin. Right now I’ve got 3 different ones. They are not full and can probably be combined to 1 bin.
Here’s to a great finish to a great year!
I’m almost done finalizing my goals for 2016. I’ll post those once they are final closer to the end of the year.