I spent the weekend basting Raining Cats and Dogs. I broke 3 needles and my thread kept breaking as well. 🙁 not sure why but I have a feeling I’m using the wrong thread in the bobbin. When my the bottom line that was in the bobbin ran out I put 40w Aurifil and it is too thick. I’ll be replacing the bobbin with bottom line.
On Friday night I was all set to get the practice quilt on the frame to test the threads and get Bailey ready for Moon Glow. I even went through all my fabric to find a top, back and pulled out a bit of scrap batting. Then I realized that if I do this test, basting Raining Cats and Dogs might put it out again so I decided to baste first and do the test after.
Last week’s to do list:
- practice quilt on the quilt frame to prep Moon Glow‘s threads and get Bailey ready … not done
- Cross Stitch – keep working on the welcome project … done
- Hand work – Work a bit on A Rainbow Garden … done
- Knit – keep working on the Rosie Hat … not done
- Missing Ivy – pull out the project and do the next step … I need a little break from Celtic Solstice … done
- Celtic Solstice – press more Block A’s and top row of Block B … not done
This week’s to do list:
- baste Raining Cats and Dogs
- Hand work – Work a bit on A Rainbow Garden …
- Knit – keep working on the Rosie Hat …
- Missing Ivy – pull out the project and do the next step … I need a little break from Celtic Solstice
- Celtic Solstice – press more Block A’s and top row of Block B …
- Cross Stitch – keep working on the embroidery for the welcome project and get started on Farmland!
I’m looking forward to a great week!
Check out more at and and and and and
Have a great week!
I love your cats and dogs quilt – I’ve enjoyed watching you complete the different blocks and it’s absolutely gorgeous now you’ve competed the top 💙💚💛💜
Thank you! 🙂
I hope it works out…..there is nothing worse than having problems with tension and thread and breaking 3 needles sounds dire but I do envy you being able to use your machine…..I have nowhere to put mine at the moment so it is packed up and in storage 🙁 I miss it!! Thanks for coming by Design Board Monday and linking up.
Thanks Cath! It’s a pain but I struggle through it. When it gets too much I stop and do something else for awhile. 🙂
It must feel wonderful to have a new quilt on your frame. Congratulations.
Breaking threads is so frustrating. Hope you figure it out.
It is Emily! It’s still happening but less frequently. I just needed to slow down. 🙂
Oh, I hope your thread issues are past you now. I know that can be so frustrating. I think your cats and dogs quilt is so adorable and have really enjoyed seeing you finish each block. I’m looking forward to watching your quilting progress on this one! Thanks for linking to MCM, and I hope you have a wonderful sewing week!