Here’s what it looked like last week:
Here’s what it looks like now..
Now that I’m working on the embroidery part it’s harder to see the difference from one week to the next. I was able to get the outline of the project done and worked a bit on the detail in the middle top border. Next step is to get the outline of the inner part of the border.
In the meantime, I pulled out Farmland to start working on the cross stitch part. Here’s how it looked like when I pulled it out:
I cannot remember when I started working on this. To prepare, I cleaned my cross stitch boxes, sorted through all the thread and organized them. I have all my thread sorted in these labeled bags. I didn’t have enough bags so half of them are in bags and the other half are wrapped around floss cards. During my long hiatus from cross stitching, the girl was really into friendship bracelets and she went through the floss and pulled colors willy nilly. She wasn’t always very good about putting things back in an organized fashion. At the time, I wasn’t sure I was going to get back into cross stitching so I was just happy that the floss was being used. I figured if I found I needed to get more of something, they were easy to find and inexpensive. Anyway, it’s organized again and I’m so excited to finally be playing with this project.
My Goal for 2016 for cross stitching is to get the “welcome” project done and get started on my farm piece.
not long before it is totally finished
I can’t wait! 🙂
I think it’s easy to see the outlining progress because it adds so much definition to the design. It can be boring, though, so I’m glad you’ve pulled another project to alternate. I’d love to see a photo of your floss organization. Always looking for a better idea. =)
Thanks Susan! Great idea! I’ll take some pics of the org system. 🙂