Sometimes I’m just not in the mood to do any of the things I set out to do. I’m sure none of you are like this but I looked at all the things I set out to do last week and I just didn’t want to do any of it. I tried to quilt Moon Glow but Bailey was fighting with me. I got halfway through 1 pass and my shoulders and hands hurt so much that I decided to put it in “time out”.
I didn’t want to hand quilt… It was 85 degrees so that was out of the question. I’m going to be gone soon and parting ways with my domestic machine so I wanted to spend as much time with it as possible. The problem is that I didn’t have much on this week’s to do list to work on the machine. I pieced the rows so that they are ready to be put together for Missing Ivy and actually started to put the rows together. But I got tired of that really fast. I’ve been working on Celtic Solstice as my leader/enders project so while I’m not working on it solely I’ve been making progress on it. So what to do????
I almost pulled out a new project. I didn’t. I pulled out Provence. I’ve already finished doing my goal for this project for this month so it wasn’t on my list for this week. My goal was to finish a block. I have only 1 block left to do. I didn’t have the brainpower to actually do the last block so I reviewed the instructions for the alternating blocks. I reacquainted myself with the fabric and which was for which – dark, background, and center. I discovered that I had already started the center pieces. It’s a square with corner triangles. I had all the required 20 squares with 2 opposite corners pieced and trimmed. Half were pressed and the other half were not pressed. I finished pressing them. I had all the remaining squares (for the corner triangles) already cut AND I had already drawn the diagonal sewing line on the back. So all I had to do was sew the corners on. And that’s what I did. I even trimmed off the extra fabric. All I have to do is press them.
Here’s my crafty plan for the next few days:
- Moon Glow – Finish quilting the inner part with Bailey
- Raining Cats and Dogs – continue hand quilting as I have the time and can stand to have the quilt on me.
- Spooky Halloween – get the fabric for row 2, block 1 put together and all the applique pieces traced. If I get it together I can take this block with me to hand applique while traveling.
- Missing Ivy – step 11 – piece all the rows together to finish the inner top!
- Celtic Solstice – work on these as Leaders/Enders while I’m doing other projects.
- cross stitch a bit
- knit a bit
- work on my wool project a bit
Have a great quilty Saturday!