Stash Report – Week 3, 2017

1/22/2017

Celtic Solstice Inner Top completed 1/22/2017

Celtic Solstice
Inner Top completed
1/22/2017

The lighting is not so good and it’s so big I can’t get a full picture.  But this gives you a good idea of what it looks like at the moment.  After seeing the picture, I was surprised at how much I liked it.  I liked it before but really liked it after seeing the full quilt from a distance.  Sometimes I can’t see the full beauty of a project after working on it close up for so long.  This quilt is still not finished so I can’t add it to the usage report yet.  I can add the 2 project drawstring bags I made yesterday.  Here they are:

Project bag #1 1/22/2017

Project bag #1
1/22/2017

 

Project Bag #2 1/22/2017

Project Bag #2
1/22/2017

My cousin in Italy bought the flowery fabric in both the bags for me a couple of Christmases ago.  It’s not quilty cotton.  It’s very thick and sturdy.  It reminds me of home dec fabric.  I think I have about 4 yards of this and another fabric.  I can’t use it on quilts so I’ve always thought that they would make great bags.  And I think that’s what I’ll be using them for.  These are my first two and I have ideas of how I can make them better.  Each bag takes half a yard so I get to add 1 yard used for this week!  🙂

For the fabric stash:  

  • Used this week: 1 yards
  • Used year to date: 1  yards
  • Added this week: 0 yards
  • Added year to Date:0  yards
  • Net USED for 2017: 1 yards

For the Budget: 

I know last week I said I was watching my budget.  Well, I decided to buy a sweater’s worth of yarn and another #2 16-inch circular.  This time I got HiyaHiyas.  I heard great things about them and decided to take the plunge and try them out.  I’m not doing great watching my budget but at least I’m using what I bought now and it’s not sitting in stash.

Spent this week: $73.68

Spent year to date: $113.59

Slow Stitching Sunday

And for Slow Stitching Sunday with Kathy at Kathy Quilts, I plan to continue my work on A Rainbow Garden!

Here’s the pic I showed last week:

A Rainbow Garden Block 6 ...in progress... 12/12/16

A Rainbow Garden
Block 6
…in progress…
12/12/16

Here it is!  Block 6 all done!

A Rainbow Garden Block 6  Finished! 1/22/2017

A Rainbow Garden
Block 6
Finished!
1/22/2017

At some point on a previous post, I said I was going to do really tiny blanket stitches around the buds.  I did that on the 1st bud below.  I don’t like it.  So on the 2nd bud I just stitched all the way around.  I wanted it to have big and short stitches.  I didn’t like how it looked in #2.  In #3, I ended up going around doing big stitches around first then went back a second time to fill in with smaller stitches.  Bingo!  I love it.  I know some people would pick out #1 and #2 and restitch so that all the buds will look like #3.  But I don’t.  I keep it as is and enjoy the process.

A Rainbow Garden Block 6  1st set of buds... 1/22/2017

A Rainbow Garden
Block 6
1st set of buds…
1/22/2017

 

The color of the picture above is washed out.  The picture below is the second set of buds and is more true to color.

A Rainbow Garden Block 6  Second set of buds. 1/22/2017

A Rainbow Garden
Block 6
Second set of buds.
1/22/2017

see more stash reports atPatchwork Times and hand projects at Slow Sunday Stitching and Quilting is more fun than Housework

~Have a quilty week!

Melanie

 

2 responses »

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.