It’s been awhile since I posted pics of all my knitting WIPs. For detailed information on my knitting projects, find me on Ravelry.com. I am Mellies1000Needlz. But here are the projects I’m actively working on this past week:
- St. Patrick’s Day Socks – I pulled this out of hibernation since I had gotten a couple of socks finished last month.
2. Starting Point Shawl – On one-half I’ve finished the first and second clue. On the second half, I’m almost done with the first clue.
3. I pulled the Rickke Hat out of hibernation. I’m not fond of the yarn and I am avoiding this project. But I want to finish it up and give it to its intended recipient this Christmas. I think the yarn is fine to wear but not to knit. I am trying to do a bit each week. We’ll see how far along I am in October and I’ll probably move this to top of the list until I get it done.
4. Since I have extra sock yarn now that I’m knitting up socks, I needed something to do with it. I started with this cozy memory blanket but at 16 stitches per side, they’re tiny and do not use up much yarn. I think the next one I’ll do will be doubled in size to use up more yarn.
5. With any extra sock yarn, I’m putting them into a crochet scrappy blanket. I just chained 200 and I’m doing single chains on the first row. If I get bored of the single chain I may alternate it with double chain rows. I’m not sure yet and I’m okay with however it ends up. Right now, it’s just a crochet worm.
6. I started the St. Patty’s socks back in March and I was knitting socks one at a time then. Now I knit them 2 at a time. I felt like I needed to cast on a second sock and put them on the needles to get 2 at a time socks. I thought it would be perfect to use a sock blank since I can only knit socks from sock blanks one at a time. Here’s my Secret Mandala socks:
Here’s how the sock blank looked like before I started knitting:
7. And finally, my Central Park Socks by Mina Philipps of the Knitting Expat podcast.