I’ve been knitting a lot and I’m not very good at take pictures. It always just looks like a mess to me and so I don’t.
Last’s week’s tasks and accomplishments:
- Secret Project #1 – Hand stitch the label and wash the quilt. – DONE
- A Rainbow Garden – Work on this for Slow Stitch Sunday – DONE
- Kimono sweater – I want this sweater done so I can start working on my Weasley Sweater for Kayla. But I do not know if I can do more than 1-2 rows per day on the collar. I think for this week, my goal is to do 1-2 rows per day and to measure how long it takes to do 1 row. Then next week I’ll be able to figure out how long it will take me to finish 4-7 inches and if that works with my internal goal. I want the Weasley Sweater done for Christmas so that determines my timeline for the Kimono sweater. — DONE, THERE WAS ONLY 1 DAY I DIDN’T WORK ON THIS SWEATER LAST WEEK AND THAT WAS A VERY BUSY DAY.
- Starting Point Shawl – knit 2 rows per day – DONE! I’M ALMOST DONE WITH CLUE 2 FOR BOTH PIECES.
- Q Train Socks – These socks are for Kayla and she likes a slightly longer foot than me. Her feet are a smidge bigger. So I normally knit about 44 rounds on the foot for me and I decided to work towards 48 rounds. At which point, I’ll have her try it on to see if she likes it or not. I’ve worked it out that I want to do 4 sets of a 2 round patter (8 rounds) per day. It’s going to be difficult because I timed it over the weekend and it takes me about an hour to do all of that. I’m planning to do a set in the morning, a set during my morning break, a set during my afternoon break, and a set in the evening. I hope to get the foot done this week and then get the toes done next week. – DONE! SHE’S TRIED THEM ON AND I’M READY TO WORK ON THE TOES
- Cross Stitch
- Mama’s Bukid – finish 2 colorways this week in Row 13. Since I finished Row 12 last week, any additional work is now gravy for this month. I worked it out and there are 8 colorways in Row 13. I’m actually enjoying cross stitching right now and I work on it about 2-3 times per week. I hope to keep at it as I have Row 13, Row 14 and then just a bit into Row 15 left to finish the first page. – DONE – I’VE GOT 2 COLORWAYS LEFT ON ROW 13!
My List for next week:
- Secret Project #2 – The top is done, I need to piece the back this week.
- A Rainbow Garden – Work on this for Slow Stitch Sunday
- Kimono sweater – I have about 2 inches knitted for the collar. The pattern says it should be about 7 inches. The lady at my LYS (Local Yarn Shop) said at a minimum it should be 4 inches. It seems that people generally get tired of this project and settle for somewhere between 4-7 inches. I’ve figured out that it takes about 3 days to do 1 inch if I knit 2 rows every day. So I should be at 2 inches every week going at the pace I was at last week. If I’m okay with a 4″ collar I might be done this week. If I want it longer, it can be another 3 weeks before I’m done. I’ve already started on Kayla’s Weasley sweater but I haven’t gotten that much progress on it. I may add it to my daily set of craftiness in order to get some it going but it will have to be the last thing on my daily crafty to do list so I can be sure to get everything done.
- Starting Point Shawl – continue to knit 2 rows per day. I think I’ve only got a day or two and clue 2 will be done. I will be starting clue 3 this week and I need to create a project plan so that I can work towards having clue 3 finished by 10/31 for both halves.
- Q Train Socks – Finish the toes! Then I need to take a picture, post it here and on ravelry!
- Cross Stitch
- Mama’s Bukid – finish Row 13!