Happy Pi Day!
My main goal for quilting was to get the back ready for my Orange quilt top. I did it!
I showed this last week and it doesn’t hurt to show it again. I also made a disclaimer. I didn’t piece this top together. I bought it at one of the August treasure hunts my guild does every year (except 2020). It goes to show you never know what you’ll find and what other people may buy/sell. I bought it with the intention to practice my FMQ and I think I’ve had it for 4 years now. A lot has changed in 4 years. But it’s out of my bucket and on the to be quilted stage.
I’m counting the fabric I used for the backing but cannot count the fabric used for the top. I estimate it to be about 3.5 yards. I used stash which is perfect. I pulled a bunch of yellows and oranges out and put them together and started with the yards or so of the lighter yellow. I loved the dark orange and paired it with the yellow batik. Last, the flowery orange and yellow fabric on the left really pulled it all together.
Next week, my goal for this quilt is to prep the batting.
Earlier today, I took a cushion workshop with Becky McDaniel. This first class was really a paper piecing class. I’m the tech person for my guild and was the moderator for the workshop. It was really difficult to both moderate and participate. But it’s done. we have to get all the pieces, pieced, and quilted by our next class in 2 weeks so I’ll be very busy doing that.
I haven’t bought more fabric. Not for want of trying – I just didn’t have the time to head to my LQS this week.
Go to more stash reports at QuiltPaintCreate who hosts the Sunday Stash.
The fabric stash:
- Used since last time: 3.5 yards
- Used year to date: 14.5 yards
- Added since last time: 0 yards
- Added year to Date: 20 yards
- Net added for 2021: 5.5 yards
I picked up another sock project but it was already started. According to the ravelry page I have for this project, I started it 12/23/2017. It must have been my Christmas Cast on that year. I knit a handful of rows and then put it aside. It’s out now and I’m finishing the ribbing.
The yarn stash:
- Used since last time: 1 skeins (Taffy Toes sock)
- Used year to date: 9 skeins
- Added since last time: 0 skeins
- Added year to date: 6 skeins
- Net used for 2021: 3 skeins
~Have a quilty week!