November was a tough month quilti-wise. I definitely didn’t get as much done as in previous months. Hopefully that turns around in December. But with the holidays taking over the world, I’m going to take things slow. I’ll still have what I usually have on my get it done list but my plan is to take things one day at a time and be okay with not getting as much done in this area of my life.
My November List –
- Hand quilt border #3 on the first quilt – Working on this still. My plan is to have 3 rings of quilting on border #3. I have the first ring done and one side of the second ring.
- Finish block #6 and get started on Block #2 for “Raining Cats and Dogs” – Done.
- Secret Project #1 – AKA Ammabel’s quilt – Done
- Missing Ivy – Do Step 1 (whatever that is) – I was able to get through Step 5 so Done!
The LONG LIST also called my WISH List
- Get the fabric for Bonnie Hunter’s 2013 Mystery Quilt – Celtic Solstice – Done.
- The BOMS –
- Hampton Ridge – Need to do Block #3 and Block #4 and the November packet. I remember this coming in the middle of the month so my plan is to get a block done each week. – Done
- Moon Glow – starts this month so I’ll be keeping an eye out for it. – Have not yet received this. 🙁
- Practice Free Motion Quilting –
- prep practice sandwiches and every week practice a new quilting motif – Not Done
- Month by Month – Since I was able to squeeze the Long Arm Certification class at my LQS, it would be great to get this project up on the long arm to quilt. – Not Done
Even though I feel like I didn’t get a lot done in November, I feel much better going through my Get It Done list. I actually got a lot DONE from that list.
GET IT DONE FOR DECEMBER:
- Hand Quilt – continue quilting the third border. The plan is to finish border #3.
- Raining Cats and Dogs – Finish Block #2
- Celtic Solstice – Follow along with each step as it comes out.
- Missing Ivy – Do Step 6
- A Rainbow Garden – 0 October 0 November
- Hampton Ridge – I just received the next four blocks in the November packet last Wednesday so I’ll be working on that this next month. The plan is to do a block a week.
- Moon Glow – I haven’t received the November kit yet. Based on the calendar on Stitch In Heaven’s website, this should be shipped around 11/27. Since my credit card has not yet been charged, I’m not sure that that actually happened. And with the holidays there may be a bit of a delay. With all my other current projects, I’m okay with the delay. 🙂
- Lucky Star – This is on the back burner. I have January’s (2013) half done so all I have to do is finish the other half but it’s at the bottom of the list each month. This is not a UFO…This is not a UFO… This is not a UFO… 🙂 I will get back to this soon.
- Practice Free Motion Quilting –
- prep practice sandwiches and every week practice a new quilting motif.
- Month by Month – Since I was able to squeeze the Long Arm Certification class at my LQS, it would be great to get this project up on the long arm to quilt.
- Easy Street – Finish quilting this so I can consider this a finish in 2013.
- Get my 2014 Quilty and Crafty Goals ready for next year. I’ve been thinking about it but it’s not yet solidified. Maybe I’ll do a GET IT DONE POST for the whole year in January.
Quilting Station – Easy Street
Piecing Station – Missing Ivy, Celtic Solstice,
Hand Station – Hand quilt, Raining Cats and Dogs, Rainbow Garden
See more Get It Done posts at Patchworktimes.com