I made a lot of progress yesterday but nothing really finished. For Tell It To The Stars, I’m quilting the background first and have gone through two passes on the frame. I’m actually drawing guide lines to help me make sure I don’t get stuck anywhere. I’m not yet sure about the middle of the stars though. I’m going to go back and finish those off once the background is done. I was wondering if that’s how people do it or do they do thread changes before moving the quilt up the frame. Let me know how you do it? This is my first time changing threads and I may end up regretting it later. For now, it’s an experiment and we’ll see how it turns out.
I cut more scraps for Scrapitude 2016. I actually went through all my #3 scrap bin and cut all the darks that were large enough. But I still need more darks. So I went to bin #4 and pulled out more darks. These are scraps that were larger than a 5×7 and smaller than a yard. I pulled a lot of darks so there will be a good sampling in the quilt.
I finished the stem in Raining Cats and Dogs and prepped the next piece.
And finally I pulled out Razzle – this week’s project. I’m really disappointed. The white corduroy I bought didn’t match the white corduroy of the quilt. So now I’ve got a yard of corduroy that I can’t use. At least not for this project. Rather than try to get another yard of white corduroy to match, I decided to just make the quilt smaller. So I’m going to have 4 rows of blocks. I lined them all nice on my design floor:
As you can see, the sashing isn’t pressed so I went and pressed them. This week, I’ll be putting the blocks together.
I’m looking forward to a great week!
Have a great week!