Happy Monday everyone! Today is my boy’s birthday and he is now 11. I am taking the day off work and he actually is starting his spring break. There are no plans today so we’ll see what he wants to do.
Yesterday, I spent most of the day working on Celtic Solstice and it felt great! I got a lot of pressing done.
And now it reminds me that I should during the block creation more and the final press when it’s a full block will not be so bad. So, for Block B, I’m doing a bit at a time.
And I got about 10 done for the top row of Block B.
In between working on Celtic Solstice, I planted some potatoes (because I had some potatoes going bad). The hubby was able to prep some of my big pots for me (he needed to drill holes into them) and over the next week, I’ll be planting tomato plants. I love fresh homegrown tomatoes. It’s been a couple of years I’ve been able to grow some so I’m excited to get going on these this year. On to this week’s list:
Last week’s to do list:
- Scrapitude, 2015 – trim and bind … was able to get it trimmed and the binding on but I still need to hand stitch the back.
- Cross Stitch – keep working on the welcome project … done – worked on the project a bit.
- Borders for Raining Cats and Dogs … finished border #1
- Knit – keep working on the Rosie Hat … yay! did a couple of rounds last week.
- Celtic Solstice – press the Block A’s and start on the next step … started pressing but that’s the most BORING part for me. It’s okay when I’ve just got a few things to press but there are a lot and I have to be super careful not to press something the wrong way so, I’m only doing a few at a time.
- Hand work – Work a bit on A Rainbow Garden … done, I was able to get further along on this project.
- Scrapbooking – do 1 page
This week’s to do list:
- Scrapitude, 2015 – Finish hand binding.
- Cross Stitch – keep working on the welcome project
- Border #2 for Raining Cats and Dogs
- Knit – keep working on the Rosie Hat
- Celtic Solstice – press more Block A’s and top row of Block B
- Hand work – Work a bit on A Rainbow Garden
- Scrapbooking – do 1 page
I’m looking forward to a great week!
Have a great week!
Having a list to do is always fun! As I complete an item on my list, I feel great. It doesn’t even matter if I don’t get to everything. Undone items move to the next week.
I agree! Whatever doesn’t get done this week gets pushed to next. 🙂 Thanks Charlene!
Your celtic solstice is going to be gorgeous!
You are very organized! I wish I had all those bins, maybe after we move I will invest. All of your projects are just lovely.
Thank you! 🙂
You are so organized! I really should try to be more like that… 🙂 Have fun with your tomatoes. Hubby and I did them in pots one year and the cherry tomatoes flourished. It was so fun to pick a handful and eat them right off the vine. Thanks for linking to MCM, and have a great sewing week. Oh, and Happy Birthday to the little guy!
Celtic Solstice is looking really good. Have fun with your boy !
Boy that takes a lot of time and sewing. I don’t think I have the patience to make a quilt like that. You’re making lots of good progress, though. Happy birthday to Mr. Eleven Years Old Today!