I am so excited because I finally have the top of Raining Cats and Dogs finished! Once I got going on border #2 it was a couple of hours and the most difficult part was measuring the borders and pinning everything!
I’m leaning towards hand quilting this project and since my hand quilting is very slow, I’m going to put getting the backing and batting together and basted to the top of the list (either something I want to do this month or wait until May) but sometime soon. I’m planning on machine quilting in the ditch between blocks and then doing hand quilting within each block. The only thing I’m not looking forward to is basting. I may go to my favorite LQS to see if I can use their back room. When I first learned to quilt they had these tables that you can clamp your quilts on to baste. I’m not sure if they still have them but it doesn’t hurt to check. I’d rather do that than use my floor.
Last week’s to do list:
- Cross Stitch – keep working on the welcome project … done
- Border #2 for Raining Cats and Dogs …. done
- Knit – keep working on the Rosie Hat … done
- Celtic Solstice – press more Block A’s and top row of Block B … not done
- Hand work – Work a bit on A Rainbow Garden … done
- Scrapbooking – do 1 page … not done
This week’s to do list:
- practice quilt on the quilt frame to prep Moon Glow‘s threads and get Bailey ready
- Cross Stitch – keep working on the welcome project …
- Hand work – Work a bit on A Rainbow Garden …
- Knit – keep working on the Rosie Hat …
- Missing Ivy – pull out the project and do the next step … I need a little break from Celtic Solstice
- Celtic Solstice – press more Block A’s and top row of Block B …
I’m looking forward to a great week!
Check out more at and and and and and
Have a great week!
It is so much easier to baste quilts on a table. I do mine at the center where our quilt guild meets. Thanks for linking up. Love your quilt.
Wait. Don’t you have a quilting machine – a Bailey? Isn’t that on a mid-arm frame? Couldn’t you just baste it on there? It’s a great finish and I think hand quilting is a good plan.
I never thought about that… Thanks Susan!!!! That is so much easier!
You did great on your to do list this week! Good job. I love a list to keep me on track.
Basting on the floor is such a pain, but I agree with Susan – you could just do it on your frame, right? This quilt is so pretty. I love the softness of the colors and all the handwork makes it so special. It’s a beauty! Thanks for linking to MCM Melanie!
Thanks Beth! 🙂