I know I posted this picture yesterday but it’s not every day I get the inner top of a quilt done. Plus different days, different links and different people often come to check out the blog. So if you saw this yesterday, just enjoy another picture. If you haven’t seen it, enjoy the first glimpse. I’m really happy with this quilt and how quickly it came together. Next month we’ll be working on putting the scrappy border together and my goal is to get this FINISHED by the end of this year. Finished in that it’s quilted, bound and labeled! 🙂 I’ve seen this quilt quilted with a double cross hatch and it is so cute. It could work with a regular cross hatch or in the ditch or meander. But I really enjoyed the double cross hatch so that’s where I’m leaning towards. If I decide that that’s way too much work for me I’ll do a normal cross hatch instead.
Here was my list last week:
- Missing Ivy – Finish the back, cut the batting, press the back and the top and schedule a time to rent the long arm with the Bernina dealer. …I finished the back and that’s about it. On my Saturday post I decided to give myself some grace and not rush this project. So, this will be on hold for a couple of weeks while I enjoy the rest of my birthday month.
- Celtic Solstice – Get more block Bs done! … done. I’m almost done with Block B’s. I think I’ve only got about 10 or so left to do so it would be nice to get this done this week so I can work on whatever the next step is next week.
- Have Yourself a Quilty Little Christmas – Pick up this month’s kit. I’m pretty certain I was wrong last week and I’ve still got one more month of blocks and the November kit is the border. I’ll need to get a back for this quilt because I do not want to piece it and I’ve already got my eye on the backing. 🙂 I’ll get a back when the top is done. I am still hoping I can get this done in December. I’m pretty caught up and the top is put together as much as I could put it together so… As long as I don’t go crazy with the quilting, I’m confident this can still get done this year. … this month’s kit was picked up and finished! See the glorious picture above. All I can do now is wait until I get the next kit the second week of November.
- Provence – Work on the first round of the alternative blocks. I’m not sure how many rounds there are and this probably doesn’t make sense right now. But my goal this week is to get through the first round, take pics and you’ll get what I’m talking about. … I didn’t get around to taking pics but the first round is done. I would like to do the second round this week.
- Spooky Halloween – this project fell by the wayside because the applique kind of bogged me down and I wasn’t seeing a lot of progress on it. My goal this week is to finish applique’ing the last bat onto block 1 of row 2 and start on the embroidery. …I did nothing on this project.
So this week, here’s my target:
- Celtic Solstice – Finish the rest of the block Bs!
- Provence – Work on the second round of the alternative blocks.
- Spooky Halloween – My goal this week is to finish applique’ing the last bat onto block 1 of row 2 and start on the embroidery.
I’m looking forward to a great week!
Have a great week!