Confession – I’ve been buying yarn. Way too much yarn. Here are some pictures of what I’ve gotten in the mail lately…
My quilting has taken a back seat to my knitting. I don’t know why. I think it’s because it’s easy to pick up a bit of knitting whatever my plan is. I’ve got car knitting, purse knitting, tv knitting…. I can do it between projects as mini breaks during my work day…
Quilting, on the other hand, is not so easy. I’ve got 3 quilts ready to be quilted. 2 of them are humongous. 1 Queen size. Another a King! The third one is much smaller as it’s going to be hung up during Christmas. I’m scheduled to quilt the queen – Missing Ivy – this afternoon. Then I can work on the binding. I’ve got my project bins for each of these projects still on my WIP shelves and they are taking up space. I can’t get rid of them until I’ve finished binding because I’m planning to use the fabric in the bins to bind.
According to my 2017 Crafty Plan, here’s what I was planning for the rest of February:
- quilt Missing Ivy – now that I’ve got the long arm reserved, I have to prep the batting, press the top and the back. I think I’ve got a label but I need to make sure and if not, prep that too.
- done! I’m heading over to the shop later this afternoon.
- Since I’m at a bit of a standstill, I want to go through my quilty closet and reorganize it.
- Pull out the 2012 LQS BOM Provence and figure out where I am. Do the next step.
- need to do
- Area One Quilter’s Run – Pull out and do one of the blocks.
- need to do
- Continue to focus on the magenta socks and the kimono sweater.
- done… more on knitting on my Tuesday knitting update post…
- Make more drawstring bags
- done.. I have a total of 6 bags now. I am planning to make more to have on hand for gift giving. They make great bags to put gifts in and the recipient can use them afterwards!
- Watch the craftsy class with the zipper pouch and make a zipper pouch.
- I have watched the class and I’m in the process of making 2 zipper pouches. I want to finish these in the next few days.
On a personal non-crafty note, this past week went by in a blur. Monday was a wonderful break. I didn’t get to craft as much as I wanted to but the kids and I ran our errands and took care of some much needed personal tasks. Have you every thought about how you want to live your life in 10 years? I’m going through this process now… What is my vision of my life 10 years from now? It’s hard for me to do this and write it up. I’ve tried many times. Right now my dream is to live as crafty a life as possible. What would that look like?
Stay tuned for next time…