Celtic Solstice – So my plan was to prep the batting on 4/1 and then schedule time at Baron’s. As far as I know they still have the Bernina long arm I can rent time on. I’m not sure when that will happen since the next two weeks I’m busy on Friday and Saturday. I do not know if I can go in on a Sunday. I know they have classes on Sundays but I’m not sure if that means I can use the long arm on Sundays. We’ll see. But, I didn’t get to prep the batting on 4/1 because we went to a friends house Saturday night to help him celebrate his birthday. Needless to say we got home late and I had to have an easy Sunday. So at some point this month, I really need to get the batting on this.
Also, it feels like I’m not doing much quilting. But I do spend a bit of time each week working on something and right now I’m working on this…
Everything is fused down and I’m working on blanket stitching everything. It takes a lot of concentration and I do not have a lot of it at one time. I generally can spend about 30 minutes on it and then I have to stop. The problem is, if I switch my machine to do something else, I will not put it back to finish this project. So I’m leaving it set up with 40w black Aurifil thread. I’m hoping this will be done soon so I can move on to the next step. There is lettering that goes on the top that says Rippidity Doo Dah and I’ll have to blanket stitch that as well. Then I’m done with the blanket stitch and I plan to make this into a tote.
For my mini-group, we’re planning on making a baby quilt. We’ve taken one of the Amy Bradley Designs and I’m responsible for a pig. So I need to rummage through my stash and pull fabric together so I can take it to my mini-group meeting. We’ll be putting all the fabric side by side to make sure they go well together. I’m pretty sure once I’m done blanket stitching Rippidity Doo Dah, I will be ready to start blanket stitching this pig.
- Kayla’s Weasley Sweater – Finish the mattress stitching and the neck.
- Jacob’s Weasley Sweater – I’m working on the back and I plan to do 20 rows each week. Kayla’s needed about 160 rows but Jacob’s will be bigger so I’ll need to measure it and him when I’m at that point. With those numbers, it will take about 2-3 months to finish the back. I’m in no rush. I do want the sweater to be finished by Christmas and I hope it will be. But if it isn’t it’s not a big deal. I’d rather not stress about these things.
- The April socks in Knitting Expat’s Sock Club.
- Land of Sweets Cowl – continue working on this project.
For cross stitching:
- Mama’s Bukid – Finish row 13 (which I’m very close to finishing) and row 14. Get started on the next page.
- Gamer Nouveau – Just keep stitching! and enjoy it.
- I keep watching flosstube and I may add a project here. I’m being called and as soon as I get a scroll frame to put Gamer on, I may just start something new.