Tomorrow is Sunday and when I posted regularly I used to count the yards of fabric stashed and deduct what I’d finished from week to week. The point was to keep me from buying too much or at least be mindful of how much I was buying. The problem is that I work on big quilts and they take forever to finish so … I had week after week with zero updates. Those were good weeks. If nothing was coming out then thank my stash goodness that nothing was coming in. But I also have a monthly budget to support my LQS and would add fabric monthly. And I support my quilt guild and help buy stuff at their annual treasure hunt and our bi-annual quilt show. So I stopped doing the Sunday Stash report because on those days I would add big numbers and I just felt bad about it. Instead, I started focusing on my list of quilt projects.
Here was the list early in 2019:
- Celtic Solstice
- Have yourself a Quilty Little Christmas
- Civil War Diary
- Raining Cats and Dogs
- Rainbow Garden
- Provence (2012 BOM from my LQS)
- Asian (2012 BOM from my LQS)
- Scrappy Stars (2016 mystery from Charlotte Hawkes)
- 2012 Quilt Run – Area One mystery Quilt
- Razzle Dazzle
- Lucky Stars
- Spooky Halloween
- En Provence
- Dancing with the Stars
- Glam Clam
Now… 10/26/19… here’s where I’m at with that list
- Celtic Solstice – Finished!
- Have yourself a Quilty Little Christmas – Finished!
- Staycation – Top is done, I believe the back is ready, and I just need to quilt it.
- Civil War Diary – on hiatus. My computer crashed last fall and I haven’t installed EQ8 back on it.
- Raining Cats and Dogs – This one is being hand quilted… very slowly.. I only work on it every couple of months.
- Rainbow Garden – This one is wool applique and is hand work that I do during my minigroup get togethers.
- Provence (2012 BOM from my LQS) – Top is done, and I believe the back is ready. It’s ready to be quilted.
- Asian (2012 BOM from my LQS) – This is exactly the same as Provence but in a different colorway so I am going to do this another time.
- Scrappy Stars (2016 mystery from Charlotte Hawkes) – I am currently working on this.
- 2012 Quilt Run – Area One mystery Quilt – I bring this out during retreats and it’s very close to a finish.
- Allietare – tucked away with other projects
- Razzle Dazzle – in time out. I can’t remember now why. But I do not have enough fabric to finish as designed – I can’t remember if it’s because I miscut or if it was the shop that put the kit together.
- Lucky Stars – This was frogged a long time ago but I still have all the patterns (it is a paper piecing project) so theoretically I can work on it again.
- Spooky Halloween – Hand applique and I only do hand work at my minigroup meetings right now so I haven’t been able to touch this.
- En Provence – tucked away. I only work on 1 Bonnie Hunter quilt at a time so this will have to wait.
- Dancing with the Stars – I took this out at a retreat for the first time in years and started working on it. So this is a retreat project.
- Glam Clam – I do one row at a time at retreats. I think I have 3 rows left…
It looks like I only finished 2 quilts and technically that’s correct. But I’ve got 2 more tops done that is just waiting to be quilted and I have a handful of smaller projects that were finished or waiting to be quilted. So all in all, I think I did a good job. I am currently working regularly on last year’s Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt – Good Fortune! and I’m almost done. I’m on the “reveal” which is a bunch of steps all in one blog post. So I’m putting the blocks together. The other quilt I work on regularly when I’m tired of Good Fortune! is Charlotte Hawkes mystery quilt from 2016. I think it’s called Scrappy Stars or something like that. I’m not almost done with that one but I am working on #11 of Step 3. I do not think I’ll be doing Bonnie’s mystery quilt this year but I will save the instructions and do them one day. I meet up with friends every Sunday I am available and we quilt for a few hours. It’s helped me get close to finishing Good Fortune before the next mystery. I’m very close but I do not think I’ll get there. I would have to be a bit monogamous to do that and I like to play around too much. 😉