I stopped reporting my stash mid 2018. And I officially stopped in 2019 when I said in the beginning of the year that I was going to stop. And since then, I’ve accumulated fabric and yarn by the bins.
I’ve decide to start reporting my additions and usage again. I’ve been leading to this point. I know that I tend to buy fabric when I’m not quilting as much and the same goes for yarn and any other craft I do. When I can’t craft, I support the habit by buying.
Anyway, I’m doing this again because I want to encourage myself to use up my stash.
This does not mean I cannot buy fabric or yarn but I will report it. I will buy fabric and yarn for these reasons only:
- I buy monthly from my LQS to support them and it’s part of my monthly budget. And I only buy yarn from Voolenvine to support her (and I only buy yarn in her Wolke base in a colorway I LOVE).
- I buy what I need to do or finish projects I want to do. For example, I’m starting the Orient Express shawl once my Jimmy Bean advent shawl is complete. For that project I needed 4 more skeins and more beads. I bought what I needed, it arrived and now that project is waiting on me to finish the Jimmy Bean shawl. In quilty land, I tend to buy backing for my quilt tops.
- Supplies for a class or workshop. My guild is doing workshops via zoom so as with anything, I look to my stash first. And if I don’t have something I’m looking for, then I go to my LQS to buy something.
So far, for the first few days of 2021, I’ve not used anything nor have I added anything. whew!
The fabric stash:
- Used since last time: 0 yards
- Used year to date: 0 yards
- Added since last time: 0 yards
- Added year to Date: 0 yards
- Net used for 2021: 0 yards
I also haven’t used or added anything.
The yarn stash:
- Used since last time: 0 skeins
- Used year to date: 0 skeins
- Added since last time: 0 skeins
- Added year to date: 0 skeins
- Net used for 2021: 0 skeins
In the past, I used to link up to other blog posts specific to the Sunday stash. Where are those held now?
~Have a quilty week!