And once I got into this project it was done in a few days. As soon as I got the appliquick done I started machine applique’ing using one of the several blanket stitches on my machine. First I decided on the thread. Originally I was going to use an Aurifil 50w in a light blue color that matched the blue fabric above. But I realized that the 50w would sink in and disappear which I didn’t mind but if Im going to top stitch I figure the thread should have some dimension so I chose a 40w in a color I liked. It’s Aurifil #2612 which is a light blue gray in both the top thread and bobbin. I tried all the blanket stitches available on my machine and chose #1329 on my Bernina B790 and modified the length and width to 2.5 and 2.0 respectively.
This particular blanket stitch isn’t super thick and I liked that.
There is too little time my crafty friends.