Getting it done – one piece at a time
1. Raining Cats and Dogs – Block 9 – I finished piecing the background and tracing all my pieces last Monday (Thank you Labor Day for the extra time quilting!) I started basting down the pieces yesterday but only got one piece down. I’ll continue to baste down pieces and hope to get this part done this week if not sooner.
2. my hand quilt – Working on quilting Border #2. I’m almost done with 1 side!
3. Easy Street – Finished Block B this last weekend and laid out the entire thing on my floor – I do not have a design wall big enough to fit this monstrosity! It’s the first quilt my dad has seen me lay out and he was amazed at how all the pieces fit as I was laying down each block.
4. Month by Month – my September Get It Done Goals included getting this quilted on the long arm. I’ve never quilted on a long arm before and my LQS – the further one away – rents out their long arms. Since I battled quilting Kayla’s Thirties Quilt with my little Bernina I wanted to check out this process with Easy Street. It’s a pretty quilt but it’s big and I don’t want to use my little Bernina on it. I also do not want to use that as my first quilt on a long arm. So this quilt “Month by Month” – as it was my first practice quilt for machine piecing will be my practice quilt on a long arm. In order to rent out the long arm, I have to take a class to become certified to rent. I’m not available the next class date (9/14) so the next one after that is Oct. 26. The weekend after PIQF. I’m not sure if I could swing doing Quilt stuff two weekends in a row. I do have to spend time with my family and work wise – October is one of the busiest months in the year. The next one after that is Nov. 2. So I’ve got 10/26 on my calendar as I’d rather get it done sooner. However I’m not going to register for the class until we get closer to then. I would say that I did as much as I could for this goal this month and I’m moving it off to October’s list.
5. Road to Brenham quilt with Judy at Patchwork Times – I’m pretty sure I’ve got all the fabric. I purchased the darker blue and the lighter shade of blue and yellows. I pulled some fabric from my stash to see how they play together. I’ll have to check the fabric requirements and see but if I could get Easy Street done soon maybe I’ll get started on this.
Thanks for reading!
~Wish I was quilting…