Here’s my May Quilty Goal List and how well I did…
- Easy Street* – Finish quilting the borders, bind and label this baby! 🙂 ==> I was able to finish quilting the borders and get the binding on but not finished or labelled. I guess this will go on to June’s list. This was held up since it took me 2 weeks to get to a quilt shop to buy fabric for the binding so c’est la vie.
- Flowers and Baskets* – get this basted and ready to quilt. ==> DONE! it’s ready to be quilted. I did the blue baste method and I LOVE IT! Let’s see how it goes when I quilt it. So far I’ve only quilted crib quilts and small things that I’ve glue basted. this will be the largest glue basted item I’m going to quilt so I’m interested to see if it goes better than the pin basting did for me.
- Prep 12 practice sandwiches for FMQ** ==> DONE! I’ve prepped 14 practice sandwiches… YAY — now I’ve just got to go practice. haha!
- Open and start one of my kits** ==> DONE! I opened up my corduroy quilt. We’ll see if I get going on any of it or if I’ll stick it in the UFO pile. I’m not sure yet. I’m loving it at the moment so I may just keep working on it.
- Stay caught up with my current BOMs: Tell It To The Stars and Moon Glow ==> Well, I was able to stay caught up with Tell It To The Stars but Moon Glow is now behind a month.
- Get caught up with Hampton Ridge. ==> I finished 1 month so I’m only behind a month.
- Block #4 of A Rainbow Garden ==> I didn’t even touch this.
- Block #7 Raining Cats and Dogs – get started on this block ==> I didn’t touch this either.
- Part 4 of Celtic Solstice ==> nothing here either.
For June’s Quilty Goal List here’s what I’ve got…
- Easy Street* – Finish the binding and label this baby! 🙂
- Practice sandwiches for FMQ** – I need to create a plan for the next 6 months and do the first step
- Iris Cameo: Finish quilting the border.
- Stay caught up with my current BOMs: Tell It To The Stars
- Get caught up with Moon Glow – I have this month’s and last month’s
- Get caught up with Hampton Ridge – I have this month’s and last month’s
- Block #4 of A Rainbow Garden – I’m heading down to Los Angeles for 8 days and this is all hand work. So I’m taking this with me. Hopefully I actually do something with it.
- Block #7 Raining Cats and Dogs – get started on this block
- Part 4 of Celtic Solstice
- Open and start one of my kits**
* One of my Quarterly FAL items
**One of my 2014 Quilty Resolutions
This month we’re in LA for 8 days and we’re doing a tea party for her friends and we’re having a small family thing for Kayla’s 13th birthday. She really turns 13 in July but since we plan to be living in LA by then we wanted to celebrate with her new friends from the Bay and with our family here. We’ll have another party when we get back to LA to celebrate our homecoming! All that to say that I’m not sure I’ll have much quilty time this month. But one step at a time and eventually things will get done. My only primary goal is to finish Easy Street. Everything else can wait if I don’t have time.