Stash Report – Week 35, 2014

 

Kayla's Cowl August 31, 2014

Kayla’s Cowl
August 31, 2014

I’ve been playing with fabric and making progress on a number of items but nothing yet finished so nothing used.  I haven’t been clicking any buttons and I’ve been staying away from the quilt shops so nothing added either.  It’s been awhile since I’ve bought anything.  I think it is because I do not have space for fabric.  My sewing room has space for me to keep my current projects in their bins but other than two bins where I keep unwashed fabric and scraps, the rest of my fabric is hiding in my closet.  The urge to buy hasn’t completely let me as I know if I step into a quilt shop I will buy something.  My local quilt shop is going to be open tomorrow morning with a huge 30% off sale.  I really am tempted to go.

I haven’t posted a picture on my progress on Kayla’s Cowl so I wanted to show how far I am with that.  I have been working on it for a few months but I can’t knit for long stretches at a time.  And there are a lot of days when I just don’t touch it at all.  I have about 12 more rounds of the pattern to go and then I start the finishing section.  If I want it bigger I can do additional rounds of the pattern. I’m playing with the idea of making it bigger.  Part of me wants it to be bigger because it seems so small to be a cowl.  Another part of me just wants to finish it.  I’ll let Kayla decide.

In other news – I decided yesterday how I am going to quilt Flowers and Baskets.  Yesterdays sewing to do list had me quilt two baskets.  In the process of doing so, I decided that I am going to use a walking foot to quilt on the ditch all around the baskets and flowers and maybe inside too if I feel like it.  They are all straight lines.  Then between the flowers and baskets I’ll FMQ something inside to make the Flowers and Baskets pop out.  It might end up being straight lines too but I’m leaning towards bigger stones or big stipple.  That part may still change but for now I’ll start with the walking foot.  I finished the two on my list yesterday.

For Raining Cats and Dogs, I initially was going to start appliqueing the dog but decided to go with the order the pattern called for.  For previous blocks, I stopped following the order as I would do sections at a time depending on my mood and how much handling a section required.  But this time around, my mood was to follow the order.  Basically, I couldn’t get myself to start.  And when that happens to me, I start with #1 and work my way through. It helps me get back into the swing of things.  The last time I touched this project was last April when I finished the previous block.  It’s been waiting for me ever since. So starting at #1 helps me get back into the hand applique process.

Next on my list for LDSI – Hampton Ridge (again!) Month 9.

Used this week: 0 yards
Used year to Date: 21.5 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 74.4 yards
Net Added for 2014: 52.9 yards

see more stash reports at  Patchwork Times

~gone quilting!

Melanie

2 responses »

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s