Can you believe it’s November already? How have you been doing on your 2015 goals? I know there were some things I had to disregard as time went on and my mojo led me in different directions. We can’t beat ourselves up when life changes and our motivation changes. We just need to do what we can, and move on. Maybe I’ll decide to work on Craftsy Classes next year or do projects from books in a couple of years. Or maybe, I’ll just use the books as eye candy as I have been and enjoy them during the periods in my life when I can’t play with fabric. I’m okay if that’s how it ends up.
Now that we’re gearing up to the end of the year, I’m starting to think about what my goals will be next year. For now, I’ve only talked about my quilty and craft goals in this blog. I’m thinking that it has worked so well with that part of my life, I may start to write about other goals. I hope to see improvement in those areas and writing about it here encourages me to be accountable and do what I say I want to do. 🙂 I’ve been reading other blogs that do this and it has inspired me to expand what I blog about. I’m starting to draft my goals this month and in December, I’ll work more in refining them so that they will be ready for the new year. December is always very busy for me so I like to start early and take a bit at a time to clean things up so that in January I will know what direction I want to go in. 🙂
1. Continue to count fabric in and out of my stash – For 2015 so far, I’ve stashed 46.58 yards. This is 1/3rd of what I use to stash when I started counting in 2013, which was a whopping 158 yards and I only started counting in May of 2013 so that wasn’t even for the whole year. Just the act of counting what comes in and what goes out, helps keep me from buying just because.
2. Concentrate on one thing at a time. –
Tell It To The Stars – Quilt this.
Scrapitude – Quilt this. I may quilt this first as I’ve decided that a nice overall pattern would be best for this one. I’m not sure how to do Tell It To The Stars yet so I may quilt this one first. Although, Tell It To The Stars is being gifted for Christmas so that one really needs to be done.
Moon Glow – Get the back on for this
- Raining Cats and Dogs –
- Finish the applique on the final block – continue to work on this bit by bit as I have been.
3. View and complete Craftsy Classes. – forget about it! 4. Complete a project I have a kit for – Same thing – forget about it!
5. Scrap system? – Go through bins and separate Bin #3, Bin #4 and full yardage. – continue to use the system I started in September and see if it continues to work for me.
Here’s to a great year!