I normally like to cut my borders on the lengthwise grain because then it is not as stretchy as the crosswise grain. But I didn’t do it in this case. I was running out of fabric so I cut the best I could to fit the fabric.
When I did the yellow (border #1) and white (border #2) borders, I forgot to measure along the center of the quilt. Instead I measured the edge. Now I’ve got a bit of ruffling and it won’t lay flat. By the time I got to the blue (border #3), I remembered and I had to do a lot of pinning. I am hoping it fixes itself as I finish up the remaining 6 borders and whatever is left quilts out. It’s probably a fool’s wish but I’m not ripping out. I’m just going to live with whatever happens. 🙂