“Mama’s Bukid” …
Here’s what it looked like from last week’s post:
I was able to get some stitching time in over the past week and here is what it looks like now:
You can see that the tree on top is starting the get filled out more. I’m focusing on row 6 but I’m spilling over into row 7. That’s okay. I know I’m a little OCD about these things. My mind gets a little overwhelmed when I don’t place order in my process. It’s my kind of crazy.
A few weeks ago I was lamenting about getting a bit bored with the colors of Mama’s Bukid. I haven’t had a new color in a long while. Susan of DesertSuz’ fame suggested working on a small project to get that fixed. I thought about it and decided to go ahead and do it. So over the weekend I reviewed my project stash and picked one out.
Hello to – A Rose Fairy –
I just got a few stitches down but there was a bit of prep involved. First, all my projects are from nearly 20 years ago. circa 1998-1999. So there very dated. And somewhere along the way I lost the pictures so I have to imagine what they will look like based on the stitch pattern. Second, I don’t have what most people consider small projects. A Rose Fairy is going to finish at about 20″x 30″. Third, over the years the canvases got separated from the projects and this particular pattern didn’t have the finish size listed on it. So I counted each block of 10 to figure out the finish size and went through the stack of canvases to find one that would fit. Luckily the first one I pulled out that look like it would fit actually matched the measurements. It says Disney on it so it must have come from an old Disney project purchased by someone at some point. I don’t think it is one that I purchased because I finished the only Disney project that I remember buying. It might have come from my mom or my sister when they were cross stitching for a brief period of time. Anyway, the canvas is stiff and while not completely brittle it does not feel good in my fingers. I hope that that doesn’t affect how I feel while I’m working on this project later. Right now it’s okay and I’m enjoying the process. Who knows how I feel when I get further along.
Usually I start on the left upper corner of a project. This time around I found the center of the canvas and the center of the project and started at the center. I am enjoying the idea of working on two projects again.
My Goal for 2016 for cross stitching is to get the “welcome” project done and get started on my farm piece.
Oh, I’ll be excited to see this coming into focus! Now you have multiple colors to switch back and forth. =)
Thanks Susan! 🙂