When I was young, I would be upset with myself when I didn’t meet my goals. But then I realized that I always put a lot on my goal list and it was an unrealistic expectation to meet all of those goals. Now I recognize that the things on my goal list are just goals and not requirements. If I accomplish just one of them, that’s one thing I can mark as done. So yesterday, I met some of my goals and didn’t meet other goals. I’m okay with it. Sometimes I still get sad or depressed but it’s not because I didn’t do it. It’s usually because I did not have the time to do something I want to do. As this year progresses, I’m able to spend more time crafting and playing than earlier in the year. I’m very happy with this.
- Secret project #1 – I need to bind this. I was planning on hand binding this project but decided to just machine bind the back too. It will make for an interesting front but I’m hoping to do something different. I’m hoping it looks cool rather than janky.
- Secret project #2 – Once the first one is bound, I want to get started on the second one. I need to pull the project out and figure out what needs to be done. I think the top is done and all I need to do is quilt it but I can’t remember.
- Raining Cats and Dogs – hand quilt weekly. My specific goal for September is to finish quilting the third row of the cream quilting thread. To be honest, it’s been really hot here lately and our air condition is on the fritz. So – don’t be surprised if this fall by the wayside.
- A Rainbow Garden – block 8 weekly. This goal is working for me so I don’t need to make anything specific for this one.
- Civil War Diary Quilt – Right before I went on our family vacation in June I was pretty good about working on this regularly. I didn’t do a block a week but I was working on it. I haven’t touched it since we’ve been back and it’s been months. I want to have one block done for this month.
- Continue knitting on my sweater “Kimono” – I want the left sleeve to be done. And if I am fast it would be great to get the collar done as well. However, just the left sleeve is fine and dandy.
- Starting Point shawl – I want Clue #2 for the second half done this month.
- Knitting Expat’s September socks
- Cross Stitch
- Mama’s Bukid – Row 12
- Bag Making
- Maxwell Bag – get the handles covered. Find out the next steps from the instructor and finish it up. I believe this bag is practically done so the next few steps are probably pretty quick.
- Finish the Nesting Basket I started in the August bag class.
- Do the September bag class – this class has not yet been scheduled so I need to check the website regularly until it is. Hopefully it falls on a day that I can make it.
- Clothes Making
- LAFS – finish my pajama pants