Feel free to check it out and remind yourself about how goal oriented I am. ;0
This is a long one and if you want to see how much I’ve done and what my plans are going forward, grab yourself a beverage and read on.
My quilting goals and updates-
- Staycation – this was part of my quilt queue and is still in that queue. I got my Q20 in February and I’ve spent a few weekends quilting smaller practice items (mats and table runners) that have been in the ‘to be quilted’ pile for the past couple of years. As I finish these piles up and warm up to quilting, I’ll soon be getting to this quilt and the other ones on my quilting queue.
- Good Fortune – this is done! and has joined Staycation in the quilt queue. It needs a back. This is not something I plan to do soon but will tackle that as my quilt queue gets shorter.
- Glam Clam – this is done! too and is in the quilt queue and needs a back.
- Scrappy Stars – all the blocks are done and I am waiting for this shelter in place thing to pass so I can go to the quilt shop and buy fabric for the sashing. I’m looking at grunge in the white/cream family. I could buy online but I want to take my blocks to the shop and pick the best one. We’ll see. I’m not in any rush to finish this top so I can wait.
- Area One Mystery Quilt from 2012 SoCal Quilt Run – I finished the inner top and have decided to do a 5″ border. I need to figure out which fabric to use. I have fabric for the border that came with the kits but I’m not sure I like it.
- Area Four Mystery Quilt from 2012 SoCal Quilt Run – Right before the pandemic started I went to the first retreat of the year. At the retreat I was able to lay out all the blocks and decide how to put them together. All I have to do is put them together.
- Dancing with the Stars – At the same retreat I finished some of the blocks for this and realized I didn’t have any more of the white. I believe I pulled it for another project and never replaced it. I’ve since bought more white fabric and can start working on this again.
And that’s it. I have moved forward on all the projects that were in my quilty list. Here are my goals for the rest of the year.
- Scrappy Stars – once we are able to go out, go to LQS and pick sashing fabric and cornerstones.
- Area One Mystery Quilt – pick and sew border on to finish the top.
- Area Four Mystery Quilt – piece all the blocks together and figure out if you want a border or not.
- Dancing with the Stars – start working on this again now that I’ve got more white fabric.
- Radiant Jewel Quilt by Kimberly Einmo – was a craftsy mystery quilt. I actually started this on that same retreat and have been working on it. I’m on the third step.
- Allietare – Bonnie Hunter’s mystery quilt from 2015 – Clue 1
- Area Three Mystery Quilt from 2012 SoCal Quilters Run – This is kitted up and I haven’t even looked at the instructions.
Now for Cross Stitch:
- Mama’s Bukid – Finished this! Goal was met for this one.
- Gamer – Finish 6 pages. I am still working on page 1 and to be honest, unless I work on this project more than one week per month, it will be hard for me to finish 6 pages this year. This is now my focus piece so I hope to make more progress but I will need to dedicate more time to this.
- A Stitch in Time – My goal is to work on this each month and I have been. I love working on this project but it is very slow. There is a lot of confetti everywhere and it’s slow going on this one.
- A Kiss for Snowman – I have not worked on this at all. This is my travel project but I haven’t been travelling so I haven’t done anything with it. I think what I will do is add this to my rotation and during the same week work on Gamer at the same time. I can do that because this is held in had while All the other projects are on frames.
- Mirabilia Titania – Added a new project to the rotation. Now that Mama’s Bukid is done, I decided to add another project to my rotation. This one is not nearly as complex as Gamer or A Stitch in Time as it is not full coverage and is not heavy on the confetti. There is beading and some back stitch but I think this is certainly doable. I feel like with Gamer and A Stitch in Time, having a small one like A Kiss for Snowman and this Mira will help me see movement when projects like A Stitch in Time go so slowly.
I finished 2 pairs of socks so far this year. I’m working on my March socks but they will not be finished in time. They are long socks and I’m just turning the heel. Hopefully they will be done soon and I can start a new sock project. 🙂
The next priority project was and continues to be Ricky’s Weasley Sweater. I’m almost done with the back. I probably have about 5 inches or so left to do and I will get that done in the next 2 weeks. I plan to have the front done in Q2, the sleeves done in Q3 and the whole thing put together and finished by Christmas.
Fairy Hill Shawl was finished last quarter.
24 days of Christmas Shawl from Jimmy Bean – I’m working on Day 12 so I’m half way through the clues.
Mix Wave Cowl – I’m almost done with this project. I am knitting about 3 blips per week and I am just knitting until I finish one of the balls.
Water Lily top – I have to knit about 11 inches before I can even start the lace part. I’m about 6 inches so I have about 5 more inches. At a row or two every week, this is slow going.
Kayla’s beanie – I haven’t even started on this.
Because I finished the fairy hill shawl, I started Tranquil Mist and Harriet’s Hat. I love working on Harriet’s Hat and I’m hoping to get it done as soon as my friend brings me more white yarn. 🙂
And the other stuff:
I finished my Megan Dress:
- continue working on LAFS projects
- Dress no 1 in size Large
- Dress no 2
- Skirt no 1
Bag making – I finished the Maxwell Bag! woohoo
Card making – I need to put this on my calendar. 🙂
~ whew – this is a lot of stuff and it makes me tired to write all this up. But it truly helps me to see what I planned earlier this year and what I’ve done and what I’ve still to do. Surprisingly I got a lot of quilting done even though I feel like I haven’t spent as much time quilting as I want to.
Happy Crafting and I hope you spend your time doing the things you love best. 🙂