The first step was released the end of January. It took me awhile to get started. I had to pick and buy fabric (yay!) and pull out my light box.
I debated whether to piece the block first or do the embroidery and chose to do the embroidery first. Later as I was stitching the blanket stitch I decided I was all wrong. I should have pieced the block first so that I could do the embroidery exactly where I wanted it. Now I’m going to piece the block as is and if the embroidery is not quite right I would just have to be ok with it.
I say embroidery but all I’ve done so far is appliquéd the fabric pieces in and blanket stitched it. I used DMC perle cotton. I had it on hand and I wanted to use it. I don’t like stitching with it so I don’t know if I will continue to use it. Sometimes I like the look of the perle cotton and sometimes I don’t. I guess it just depends on what I’m feeling when I’m looking at it. For the embroidery part I plan to use dmc floss. I almost got sucked into buying Aurifil thread 28w or 12w just because and I am thankful my practical self was able to pull me away from the urge and close that website. Maybe one day I’ll check it out. I hope so. But not this time.
The second step comes out soon, 2/25, I believe, and I’ll be behind. but that’s ok. I enjoy the quiet slowness of hand stitching.
And before I leave you, here’s the important links: Simple Days Embroidery BOM