I’ve been diligently working on Moon Glow a bit every afternoon after work. Some days it goes by fast and I think, “hey, I’m getting the hang of this… I can do quite a few more quilts on this machine!” Then other days, Bailey is unhappy with me for whatever reason and thread nests and other issues occur. I just have to walk away from the frame and come back the next afternoon. Of course, I have to run through my quality checks:
- remove and replace the bobbin, and if that doesn’t fix it
- rethread the machine, and if that doesn’t fix it
- remove the bobbin, swipe around the inside and get as much of the dust as possible, and if that doesn’t fix it
- check the tension, and if that doesn’t fix it
- as a last resort, change the needle.
I have about 3 passes left to do and I’m done quilting the inner part. Like I usually do, I’ll save the border for my domestic. I’ve gotten comfortable with doing it this way and it’s mainly because I’m more comfortable with my little Bernina than I am with quilting small spaces with the Bailey. I’ve got 9 days to get this quilted before we leave for Florida. Wish me luck!
And now for the numbers:
For the fabric stash:
I bought fabric. I went into my LQS looking for something and not finding it. But I was at the shop so I couldn’t not buy anything. I ended up going home with 3.5 yards. 🙂
- Used this week: 0 yards
- Used year to date: 34 yards
- Added this week: 3.5 yards
- Added year to Date: 23.50 yards
- Net USED for 2016: 10.50 yards
For the Budget:
Since I bought fabric, you know that means I added to my “spent” numbers…
Spent this week: $32.96
Spent year to date: $3297.01
For the yarn stash:
OMG I forgot that since I finished the Rosie hat last week I can add to my used yarn for the year! Here are the numbers now.
Used this week: 300 yards
Used year to date: 300 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added year to date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2016: 300 yards
All of those pieces are not applique’d down. They are nicely laid out and when I’m done working with the project, I roll it all up and hope that nothing moves too bad. They will always move a little but as long as I don’t lose any pieces, I’m okay with it. Here is where I am at now:
I started with the big flower’s inner center and I really wanted to use a blanket stitch for the flower’s centers. I had to rewatch tutorials on youtube to remember how it goes.
I was enjoying the hand work so much that I did the next inner circle:
Then I kept messing up towards the end of my stitchery that I decided I should stop while I was still feeling good.
I plan to take this with me to Florida so I may not actually work anymore on this until then. I need to concentrate on prepping projects to take with me. My goal would be to get this block finished while I’m away.
Until next time…
~Have a quilty week!