I’ve been diligently working on Moon Glow a bit every afternoon after work. Some days it goes by fast and I think, “hey, I’m getting the hang of this… I can do quite a few more quilts on this machine!” Then other days, Bailey is unhappy with me for whatever reason and thread nests and other issues occur. I just have to walk away from the frame and come back the next afternoon. Of course, I have to run through my quality checks:
- remove and replace the bobbin, and if that doesn’t fix it
- rethread the machine, and if that doesn’t fix it
- remove the bobbin, swipe around the inside and get as much of the dust as possible, and if that doesn’t fix it
- check the tension, and if that doesn’t fix it
- as a last resort, change the needle.
I have about 3 passes left to do and I’m done quilting the inner part. Like I usually do, I’ll save the border for my domestic. I’ve gotten comfortable with doing it this way and it’s mainly because I’m more comfortable with my little Bernina than I am with quilting small spaces with the Bailey. I’ve got 9 days to get this quilted before we leave for Florida. Wish me luck!
And now for the numbers:
For the fabric stash:
I bought fabric. I went into my LQS looking for something and not finding it. But I was at the shop so I couldn’t not buy anything. I ended up going home with 3.5 yards. 🙂
- Used this week: 0 yards
- Used year to date: 34 yards
- Added this week: 3.5 yards
- Added year to Date: 23.50 yards
- Net USED for 2016: 10.50 yards
For the Budget:
Since I bought fabric, you know that means I added to my “spent” numbers…
Spent this week: $32.96
Spent year to date: $3297.01
For the yarn stash:
OMG I forgot that since I finished the Rosie hat last week I can add to my used yarn for the year! Here are the numbers now.
Used this week: 300 yards
Used year to date: 300 yards
Added this week: 0 yards
Added year to date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2016: 300 yards
And for Slow Stitching Sunday with Kathy at Kathy Quilts, I plan to work on A Rainbow Garden again today! Here’s what it looked like last week:
All of those pieces are not applique’d down. They are nicely laid out and when I’m done working with the project, I roll it all up and hope that nothing moves too bad. They will always move a little but as long as I don’t lose any pieces, I’m okay with it. Here is where I am at now:
I started with the big flower’s inner center and I really wanted to use a blanket stitch for the flower’s centers. I had to rewatch tutorials on youtube to remember how it goes.
I was enjoying the hand work so much that I did the next inner circle:
Then I kept messing up towards the end of my stitchery that I decided I should stop while I was still feeling good.
I plan to take this with me to Florida so I may not actually work anymore on this until then. I need to concentrate on prepping projects to take with me. My goal would be to get this block finished while I’m away.
Until next time…
see more stash reports at and hand projects at and
~Have a quilty week!