I’m slowly working on the piecing for Row 3 and 4 for Spooky Halloween.
Here was my list last week:
- Hampton Ridge – prep the batting … I want to get this on the frame this week — the batting is ready but this is not yet on the frame. I’m actually contemplating renting time on the long arm at a local sewing machine shop. I’ll let you know how it goes…
- Celtic Solstice – hold off on this as Missing Ivy’s border prep is being worked on as my leaders/enders while I work on Spooky Halloween pieced blocks and Have yourself a Quilty Little Christmas… done… I finished what I could do for leaders/enders and now I’m back to putting together the rows for block b.
- Missing Ivy – prep this border as my leaders/enders … done… the pieced border is done and now I’m ready to move on to the next step of Missing Ivy.
- Provence – hold off on this one
- Spooky Halloween … Row 2, block 1 – continue to applique more pieces and get a pieced block done. I’m tired of not getting anything finished for this quilt even though I’m working on it. Handwork is so slow and I need to get a pieced block done so I feel like I’m making progress here. I just picked up Row 4 so I’ve got pieced blocks I can work on in Row 3 and Row 4. … started working on getting the pieced blocks done.
- Have yourself a Quilty Little Christmas … create my project page and Month 3: block 1 … done (woot woot!)
So this week, here’s my target:
- Hampton Ridge – quilt this
- Celtic Solstice – work on this as my leaders/enders while I piece Spooky Halloween together.
- Missing Ivy – start putting the borders on
- Provence – press the blocks and figure out what’s the next step for this.
- Spooky Halloween … get all the piecing done for Row 3 and 4 and continue appliquè Row 2, block 1
I’m looking forward to a great week!
Check out more at and and and and and
Have a great week!
This is a very pretty block. I’m impressed that you put your targets on your blog. I keep mine hidden in my planner.
Thanks Lisa! 🙂
That’s a cute block. I need to take out my group of Halloween blocks… I probably need more and this one looks cute and easy!
Thanks Bonnie! 🙂
Great progress going on, and great list for the week, too. You are completing so many big quilts, one at a time!
Thanks Susan! 🙂
I hope you’re having a great week too Melanie! You’ve made a lot of progress, and sounds like you have a great plan for the week. That Halloween quilt is going to be adorable when you get it finished – love the blocks you are making!
Thanks Beth! 🙂