I was away for a few days the last weekend of September so these posts came a few days late. If I had my crap together I would have had these all prepared before I left but I didn’t and I completely forgot about it. To be honest, I’m entering another busy month (as they always are for the 1st month of the quarter) and I just did what I had to do for work and then turned everything off. We ventured off to Solvang, CA for a few days and had some fun exploring the Danish environment and the surrounding areas. We enjoyed ourselves and got to relax a bit. These next few weeks will be a bit crazy so I’m going to try to make sure I get some sleep, eat right, yoga and get some craftiness in to keep me sane. I am not sure I’ll be able to post much this month. Just wanted to let ya’ll know if you wonder where I’ve gone. Even though I know I’ve got a lot to do on the work end, I’m still going to put some things on my to do list this month. In the past, I divided up each group of projects into categories: quilting, knitting, cross stitch, sewing. Rather than do that this time, I’m just going to list each project I want to work on and what I want to get done with it this month.
- Kimono (my first knitted sweater) – This is almost done. I need to bind it off, weave in the ends, and block it.
- Starting Point Wrap – My goal last month was to finish clue #2. I did it and got started on clue #3. My goal for this month is to finish Clue #3 for both parts of the shawl. For those who do not know this project, you knit 2 halves of a triangle and later put them together. So I have to do Clue #3 twice. It’s great having this goal because in order for me to do this, I need to knit 4 rows per day to accomplish this. That’s a lot of knitting for me since each row is 171 stitches but I want to get this done before Christmas. My goal is to get Clue #3 done in October, Clue #4 in November and Clue #5 in December (in time for me to wrap it and gift it on Christmas). So I’m knitting 4 rows per day. I was able to start on Clue #3 the last week in September so it’s really 3.5 rows per day and if I do 4 rows per day, I can afford to miss a handful of days to give myself a break.
- Secret Project #1 – Take a picture of this so that I can post about it after I’ve gifted it.
- Secret Project #2 – The top is done and I have the fabric picked out for the backing. I would like to to piece the back, and quilt this this month. That might be pushing things but I’d like to get this half quilted this month since it’s a busy month and then next month, finish up the quilting and bind it.
- A Rainbow Garden – continue to work on block 8. I’m going to try to work on this but I will not be able to work on it weekly.
- Mama’s Bukid – Finish page 1 and start page 5. I know that sounds weird but page 5 is under page 1 and I want to work from left to right. So I want to start on page 5.
- Kayla’s Weasley Sweater – knit 2 rows every day. My goal is to have this done for Christmas so she can wear it but I’m not going to bust my butt to do that. I’ve got my must haves for Christmas and this one is not one of those.