I started working on the first block of Spooky Halloween. First, I cut the fabric and hand pieced the hexis together. I have 2 hexis left to piece. Then I’ll applique them onto the background fabric. I would really like to get this block done this week. The blocks will be 6.5″ unfinished. My goal for this project is to finish a block each week. Since there are 5 blocks per row, I’d like to get 2 done in one of the weeks.
Last week’s to do list:
- Raining Cats and Dogs … Finish the machine quilting on this on my domestic and get going on hand quilting this baby… done
- Hand work – Work a bit on A Rainbow Garden … done
- Knit – keep working on the Rosie Hat … not done
- Cross Stitch – work on the embroidery for the top border and the first row of the 1st page of Farmland! … done
- Moon Glow – I don’t think I’ll be working on this this week. I want to focus on Raining Cats and Dogs, so I’ll probably skip this this week … not done
- Missing Ivy – Same – I want to focus on Raining Cats and Dogs so I’ll skip this this week … I actually worked a bit on this this weekend and finished step 10
- Celtic Solstice – Same – I want to focus on Raining Cats and Dogs so I’ll skip this this week … I pieced together some bits…
This week’s to do list:
- Raining Cats and Dogs … start hand quilting! 🙂
- Hand work – Work a bit on A Rainbow Garden
- Knit – keep working on the Rosie Hat
- Cross Stitch – work on the embroidery for the top border and the second row of the 1st page of Farmland!
- Moon Glow – Check with my local sewing machine store about renting out their long arm.
- Missing Ivy – Step 11, which is piecing the inner top together. Yay! 🙂
- Celtic Solstice – put together pieces of Block B as leaders and enders between working on Missing Ivy
- Spooky Halloween – Row 1, Block 1 – I got some of the hexis done. I still need to finish 2 hexis and then applique it onto the background and finish it up with an applique’d bat.
I’m looking forward to a great week!
Have a great week!