I started working on the first block of Spooky Halloween. First, I cut the fabric and hand pieced the hexis together. I have 2 hexis left to piece. Then I’ll applique them onto the background fabric. I would really like to get this block done this week. The blocks will be 6.5″ unfinished. My goal for this project is to finish a block each week. Since there are 5 blocks per row, I’d like to get 2 done in one of the weeks.
Last week’s to do list:
- Raining Cats and Dogs … Finish the machine quilting on this on my domestic and get going on hand quilting this baby… done
- Hand work – Work a bit on A Rainbow Garden … done
- Knit – keep working on the Rosie Hat … not done
- Cross Stitch – work on the embroidery for the top border and the first row of the 1st page of Farmland! … done
- Moon Glow – I don’t think I’ll be working on this this week. I want to focus on Raining Cats and Dogs, so I’ll probably skip this this week … not done
- Missing Ivy – Same – I want to focus on Raining Cats and Dogs so I’ll skip this this week … I actually worked a bit on this this weekend and finished step 10
- Celtic Solstice – Same – I want to focus on Raining Cats and Dogs so I’ll skip this this week … I pieced together some bits…
This week’s to do list:
- Raining Cats and Dogs … start hand quilting! 🙂
- Hand work – Work a bit on A Rainbow Garden
- Knit – keep working on the Rosie Hat
- Cross Stitch – work on the embroidery for the top border and the second row of the 1st page of Farmland!
- Moon Glow – Check with my local sewing machine store about renting out their long arm.
- Missing Ivy – Step 11, which is piecing the inner top together. Yay! 🙂
- Celtic Solstice – put together pieces of Block B as leaders and enders between working on Missing Ivy
- Spooky Halloween – Row 1, Block 1 – I got some of the hexis done. I still need to finish 2 hexis and then applique it onto the background and finish it up with an applique’d bat.
I’m looking forward to a great week!
Check out more at and and and and and
Have a great week!
Thanks Kathleen Mary! 🙂
The hexie project is perfect for this fabric. Very nice.
The hexagons look cute in those Halloween fabrics. I look forward to seeing each block on this quilt as you do it. You did a lot and have a good week’s plan.
Very fun hexies! Good luck with your goals this week.
Wow! That’s going to be a wonderful Halloween quilt. The hexies you made are so pretty in the Halloween fabric. One day I’ll be brave enough to try a hexie – I love the way they look and the fact they are hand pieced. Have fun with this quilt!
Your Halloween fabrics are fabulous! Looking forward to watching this grow.
good to see you are getting a head start on Halloween! love the hexies and look forward to seeing the progress. Thanks for linking up at Bits’nBobs for Design Board Monday.