I’m working on Celtic Solstice and I had a hard time trying to figure out where I was. I had all the fabric and pieces in two bins but no clear direction as to where I finished and what my next step was. I went to my project page for Celtic Solstice and the last thing was a picture of 100 4-patches from step 4. I couldn’t even remember if I was doing the small version or the large version. Knowing me it was the large version. So I needed needed more 4-patches in order to complete Step 4. But when I pulled out all the 4-patches it sure looked to be more than 100 4-patches. I counted them and had the amount I needed for step 4. So Step 4 was done and I’m on Step 5.
Then I went to look for all my neutrals in my two bins but I didn’t have any. What happened to them all? I did have a bunch of triangles and I knew I messed up in the first step by cutting way to much of something. I figured I cut way too much of the neutrals so I cut them up to use in Step 5. Hopefully I was right and I don’t need to cut more triangles later down the line.
So I’ve spent the last two days cutting and that’s not my favorite part of the process. I’m trying to do a little bit at a time because if I try to do too much at once I am less accurate. And I’ve found that accuracy in cutting is one key component in getting everything to line up right!
Here’s my cutting station…. kind of cleaned up for the moment. Ready for me to start cutting again when I get back to it…
And here are Scrap Bins #1 and #2… It’s handy to have next to the cutting table. That way I can get them into the proper bin as soon as I cut them. Saves me from having to do it later. And it keeps the cutting table clear of stuff I don’t need. Since I’m using it with my office desk I need that to be clean so I can work properly when I’m at home. As you can see bin #2 is getting up there and DD and I will have to buckle down one of these nights and whip some scrap blocks out to bring that bin to a better size.
~Here’s to a great week!