Okay. I don’t know what to call this. This quilt is huge and my previous step was to attach Block A’s and Block B’s into pairs. After that I attached them into what I called 4-patches even though these are obviously not 4-patches. So I guess they could be called 4-blocks? I don’t know but I’ve got all the 4-blocks I need for this top. The next step is to attach a pair to the right side of 5 of these 4-blocks. Then attach a pair to the bottom of 4 of these 4-blocks (with one odd one needing a corner piece). We’re getting close to being done with this top and I’m getting excited.
Bonnie Hunter’s mystery quilt this year starts on Friday and I’ve yet to pull fabric from the stash. I’m working entirely from my stash for this one right now so I’ll be pulling as I need to. I still have last year’s in a bin but that one is going to have to wait. I’ll probably use that one as my next leader/ender project when Scrapitude 2016 is complete.
Here was my list from a couple of weeks ago:
- I’m heading out of town on Wednesday and I won’t be back until Sunday so I’m not putting anything on my list. I am taking some hand work and some knitting.
Ha! That was not a list but I accomplished doing nothing but knitting.
So this week, here’s my target:
- Celtic Solstice – attach the right sides (5) and the bottoms (4) and the odd one in the corner (1)
- Scrapitude 2016 – Okay so I’ve been very good at getting the first step done as my leaders/enders for Celtic Solstice but since I’ve been back I’m slowly running out of one of the needed pieces for the first step. I’m not sure if I put away the baggie with these pieces (and I’ll need to look around for them) or if I just didn’t cut enough originally (totally possible) or if Charlotte didn’t tell us to cut enough (I don’t think so because she did make updates throughout the progress and I don’t remember seeing her say anything about this particular piece. So I need to do some research on this one.
- Provence – I need to figure out what the next step is.
- Area One 2012 Mystery Quilt – do one of the kits
- En Provence – Bonnie’s 2016 Mystery – Retrieve the first clue on Friday and hopefully have time to get started on it!
I’m looking forward to a great week!
Have a great week!
It always so exciting for me when I almost have a quilt top together, and I can feel your excitement in your post! I hope you get lots of sewing time this week. 🙂
Thanks Beth! I’m almost there! 🙂
Way cool blocks! Have a safe trip and a happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you! 🙂
What a pretty quilt! Enjoy your trip!
Thanks Beth! 🙂