HAPPY LABOR DAY!
Row 2, Block 1
…still in progress…
Progress on Spooky Halloween: Last week I was loving the applique and the process. This week I’m frustrated and I’m looking for an easier way to get those tiny green wings/leaves on clearly. Any ideas? I’m thinking fusing them on and machine stitching them.
I picked up the 5th row and I can go back to piecing everything I can piece for the 5th row but I’m playing on the new machine. Yesterday, I was able to set the sew ezi with the new set up and I got the extra accessory piece too. Then I got the new machine in it and started playing with it. I spent the remaining bit of time getting the borders on to Missing Ivy. While I was getting everything organized with the stuff for the new machine, I looked for my leftover fabric for Hampton Ridge. I couldn’t find it. I know it’s there somewhere but I didn’t have the energy to do the kind of searching I new needed to be done. It’s just easier to go buy a yard and help support my favorite LQS. ;0 And… who knows what else I could find.
Here was my list last week:
- Hampton Ridge – This is my OMG for August and I’ve only got 3 days left to finish it up. I want to get the last 2 borders quilted and start on the binding. I don’t think I’ll have enough time to finish it up for August so I’ll have to move this on to my September OMG. … I have this quilted and all that is left is to bind it!
- Celtic Solstice – continue to finish more rows of block b as my leaders/enders. … yes… this is being worked on…
- Missing Ivy – Get fabric for the borders. … done
- Provence – press the blocks and figure out what’s the next step for this. … not done
- Spooky Halloween … Row 2, block 1 – applique the leaves and bat. … I did one of the leaves. It’s hard.
So this week, here’s my target:
- Hampton Ridge – Buy fabric to bind this, and get it on the quilt!
- Celtic Solstice – continue to finish more rows of block b as my leaders/enders.
- Missing Ivy – Get the borders on… There are something like 9 borders for this quilt. Do the first 2 this week.
- Provence – press the blocks and figure out what’s the next step for this.
- Spooky Halloween … Row 2, block 1 – try a different method to applique the remaining leaves and bat.
I’m looking forward to a great week!
Check out more at and and and and and
Have a great week!